I am a survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a survivor

I read this story when I got here for the first time a few weeks ago... it is so good that it has spread to other forums and spoken about by other people on other forums.
    keep it up Mama, your inspiration is a blessing to us and the world.

Comment

I am a survivor

Hiya MamaB,
      'I was finally adopted at 13. My sister and I tried to stay in touch. She was never adopted and became a prostitute and a heroin addict'
      This made me quite sad. That is a really bad sign of a system failing. I hope the child protection people have got their act together a more nowadays.

You have what most women want ( I think ) ...a loving husband and family. This is what we look for , I would hate for you to lose that over the booze.

Best of luck
      Sara
      I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Comment

I am a survivor

Thanks so much for all your kind words....it means alot.
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am a survivor

Hey Mama.

Only reading this now.

That is such an encouraging way of posting your story too!!! You are a survivor and Alcoholism will become one of those things that you will say you survived !!! 100 pro!!

Your family history is sad. Have you ever gotten into contact with your brother?! What about your sister. Did she managed to get herself cleaned up?

You have survived a lot indeed. You're a fighter. You will beat AL too. No doubt
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I am a survivor

Thanks Johnny....I have made contact with the both of them, but do not stay in touch....just because we are blood does not make us instant family. And yes, my sister did clean up, but has become a religious ZEALOT instead....that's better than the alternative I know, but she has goen WAY overboard....
            I love the Lord, but I think there are polite limits....
            Thanks for asking!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am a survivor

You are truly a survivor! I am glad I got to read your story. Thanks for sharing. xo

Comment

I am a survivor

Just reading this now - Mamabear what a true survivor you really are as nobody can deny!

Alcohol is nothing compared to your past.

Hope everything a bit better with your finances now. We almost went bankrupt but managed to scrape through although have been living like paupers for the last 2 years - same reason, husband own company and recession times looming.

Good luck with your journey and glad to be getting to know you

Mrs D x
                AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

Working...
                X