First step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First step

I'm feeling pretty anxious about this, but I know I have to do something about my drinking. I don't like the thought of AA - too much like a religion, and I am not a fan of religion. I know that I am slowly killing myself, and I am now taking that first step to do something positive for myself. Thank you.

First step

Hello Ryderen and :welcome:

Well done for taking the first step and posting here, as you explore the site I am sure your anxiety will ease when you see how many people have been in your position and found their way through it.

People suggest to make and plan and that is a good step to take as the practical approach makes you feel more powerful and helps to baniish guilt and anxiety. Perhaps begin by downloading the book which you can do from this site, the just starting out section Just Starting Out? - My Way Out Forums is very active and you will find lots of support there.

Jump in and within a fairly short time you will be feeling stronger.
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

First step

Welcome Ryderen,
      You are right, coming here is a very good first step to getting rid of the demon we call Alcohol. Many of us have been very successful in either cold turkey, supplements or meds. The thing to remember is that you are not alone, nor do you have to go through this alone. You do not half to suffer to become free of this disease, just be determined. Feel free to post your story, be as detailed or as vague as you feel comfortable but remember, you probably wont tell us what we havent already gone through, from blackouts to hiding alcohol, we've done it all and we understand when others dont. We offer all we have to make you succesful wether its just an ear to listen or our story taking meds or supplements.You will be safe with us.

Comment

First step

Hi Ryderen, You'll find support here. I've done well here & wasn't sure what would happen - I just popped in as you did & now have been without a drink for 26 days now, which a month ago I would have told you was impossible. There are many resources here & a lot of supportive people at different stages of their own personal journey.

Good luck.

Comment

First step

Anxious, too

Hi all,
          I am also very scared for my health and this is why I need to make today an AF day. All my future days must be AF for that matter, but I am trying for one at a time!
          :new:
          :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Working...
          X