Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE

Hello Everyone,
    I have spent a lifetime of denial. I want to change the way I drink..maybe even give it away ..who knows. I just know I want to change who I become when I drink. I am tired of the drama that is sometimes associated with my drinking. My lack of self esteem and self harming behaviour. I have a loving partner in my life now and I don't want to lose him. I just wanted to say HI from Margarita.

Hi this is my first day to I have been drinking for far to much and far to long and I need to stop don't know why I do it have a great husband and 2 children a part time job but every night the vodka's out and I don't want to do it anymore :new:

Comment

Hi Margarita and :welcome:

It sounds as though you are at a point of change in your life, and your new partner is a marvellous incentive for you to love and care for yourself as he does.

The best initial advice is to create a plan for yourself, what you want to achieve, for example, and what you plan to do to get yourself there, this is a helpful thread on plans What's your Sobriety Plan?.

The toolbox is avery helpful for strategies and reasons not to drink! Tool box.

This thread is good advice for people just beginning, Start Here!

You can do this if you want to and become a strong and confident person, take a good look around the site, read people's stories and you will see that there are many who have felt as you do and found a better way for themselves.

Good luck, S xx
      I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Hi Mary A,

Welcome to MWO, I replied to your post in the just starting out section and I know others will too.
        I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

welcome mary, this is a fine place to help you in your recovery,with lots of support and help,stick around

Comment

hello! i am also new as of yesterday and am ready to start taking the steps that need to be taken to make my life more desirable! I think we have found the right place.

Comment

Welcome, Welcome,Welcome.....we are here for you!!!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
              X