Courage to Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courage to Change

Hello, my name is Wendy and I'm an alcoholic and live in Australia. I've been sober for 26 years and 7 months and have dedicated most of those years to researching brain chemistry in order to live a happy and fruitful life. I've just written a book about food addiction and my next book is about toxic relationships. I've walked the walk through all addictions except gambling and know what it's like to feel like ending it all, that is, until I discovered that brain chemistry played an integral part in my ability to stay sober and be happy. I believe the dopamine neurotransmitter is the number one culprit in my addiction. Dopamine is the center of satisfaction and I was a chronic malcontent - even in early sobriety. A lot was written about THIQ in my early recovery (in the 80's) and I still believe today, that this substance has ahdered itself to my dopamine neurotransmitter and one drink would set off the compulsion. I have to keep my brain chemistry balanced with the use of tyrosine, acetyl-carnitine and other nutritients because I know one drink will trip me up and the THIQ will set off my compulsion. I'm amazed that no one has continued the research on THIQ into the 20th century - then again, most of the information written about addictions is by non-addicts. I'm currently researching THIQ for my new book and welcome clinical studies from sober members. My new book, Want to Lose Weight... But Hooked on Food, will be available in the United States later this year. I dedicated a chapter in this book to the Dopamine Neurotransmitter and linked it to obesity.
    Wendy:new:

Courage to Change

Welcome

Just to say welcome:welcome:
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Courage to Change

Welcome, Wendy, and a very interesting new viewpoint on this pervasive problem. Alcohol touches almost every part of the world now, but the power and money of the alcohol producers is strong in affecting how governments look at its affects on their citizens. I wish you well, and success with your studies.
      Rubes
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X