I'm new and struggling to get this sober thing right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there! I don't know if i'm doing this right or where i'm suppose to be typing this message, but hey if someone sees it maybe you can explain how this site works.

I've recently got off the booze, and my body is aching, and i'm going flippen crazy.
    My wife is about to leave me and take our baby with, and i still can't seem to get to the point where enough is enough. Is there something wrong with me, is there a reason i don't care about losing everything i have. Maybe i do care, otherwise i wouldn't be writing this.

Anyway, like i said, this is my first post. Hope it gets to some people... I need some advice!

Thanks

Dizi
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

Hi diz & :welcome:

I see you are in chat so you'll get some advice there. Good job on looking for some help for your problem.

A good start would be to download and read the book> You can get it from the health store at the top of this page. Take a read around the different threads. Just Starting Out is a good place. There is Newbies Nest and ODAT (one day at a time). Ask questions and most importantly, make a plan to get sober and stay that way. You'll get lots of tips.

Best wishes!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
    X