everything 'bout the girl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girly, thank you for sharing your story. Sometimes talking about our darkest demons is a step forward in getting free from them. I hope it works this way for you too.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

What a beautiful poem, One2, thank you for sharing. Hope you are having a good day Girly. Hugs.
      AF since April 19, 2010
      NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
      -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Girly you hang in there, you were very brave and right to share your story, sending your big heart felt hugs and positive thoughts that you can do this :l
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

girly, it was very courageous of you to share your story. And one important step in a journey. Hugs to you.
          One2, I copied that poem. Wow.

Comment

Hi Girly~
            Thank you so much for your honesty in your post. I'm sure it was hard to write, and probably brought up a lot of old and bad feelings. I hope that in writing it you were able to put some of it behind you. Please hang in there, I know you are having a tough time right now. Just remember how many people here care about you and love you!
            :l
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Girly, thanks so much for telling us your story. It looks like things will be looking up for you shortly! Also, as an FYI, you can make your facebook private- I advise that you do so, to keep your hub's ex from spying on you. :l

Comment

Thanks for sharing girly.. I can see some of your story in mine.. i so wish you all the best now, you deserve nothing but happiness!
                xx
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

thanks kate. i'm glad you bumped this, therapeutic reading back over it. i'm finally dealing with all that stuff. its gotta come out, the feelings need to be felt and dealt with then i can get on with my journey towards happiness.
                  The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Hi Girly, I really feel for you after reading your story. I can especially relate to having an autistic child and the unique challenges that presents. Especially if you have no support system where you live. Thank goodness for your sister. I find myself getting jealous lately of people that have alot of family around to help out. I took my son to speech therapy yesterday and there's a girl there that has the same appointment time as he does. It seems like every week a different relative brings her there and stays with her if her mother is running late because of work. What a blessing. I know I have to get over my resentment and do the best I can with what I have.

If you ever need to talk about it please pm me.

Comment

Girly wirly,

Thank you for sharing.. that must have been difficult. Just know that everyone here is in your court.. You can research so many options here. It's amazing that you went through GB... I think if you can do that, you can do anything!

HS

Comment

girly, wow. I dont know why i thought to read in this section today, but i am so glad i did. what a story, how are things at the moment,
                        do you have a plan or goal?

oh and oney, what a moving poem.
                        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

hi aspman

well i have a date for surgery on my back in two weeks time and the depression has lifted a little. still drinking although i have a key worker now who is working cbt with me to address all the supppressed issues which cause me to eat and drink. i hate myself for drinking but i'm trying to ease up on mysef. easier said than done. small steps eh?
                          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

GIRLY! Great to see you here posting. Quite a few folks mentioned the fact you hadn't been around lately and were worried. The surgery should make a big difference - being in pain all the time must seem insurmountable at times - even a headache can knock me sideways. I'm glad you're working with someone on issues - doing the same myself and it feels like an escape valve sort of doesn't it?
                            Every step no matter how small is good!
                            Just read Oney's poem for the first time - missed it back in May, and it brought tears to my eyes, am going to print it out now,. We should be MADE read it every day
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                            X