Looking for a little moderation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to try another AF day today. Tho its more an AF night. I have to house sit so its a good excuse.

Comment

Hi TurtleWax
      Just want to encourage you to stay strong on your AF journey. Its definately the best way to go. I recommend getting some supplements to help your body cope with the withdrawal systems.

Also, great that you are looking at why you want to drink late at night. Keep searching for answers on this track. From the outside looking in, seems like nights are hard for you. Maybe you feel lonely at night and drink numbs the pain...???

I had to find the answers as to why I drank before I could get AF. Then when I found others who had succeeded in kicking the AL, like on this site, I finally had the courage and strenght to do it for myself.

Best of luck
      Hazeleyes
      Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Another day under my belt. Now if only I could get the days running side by side instead of a week apart.:H

Comment

Still here. Cutting back some nights. Other way on other nights.

Comment

TurtleWax,
            Glad you're still here. An awful lot of people seem to post here then go away. It takes awhile for the reality of it all to sink in. Cutting back some is great, but if you are drinking more (the other nights) maybe you need a new goal. It does take time and some experimentation to learn to drink moderately. Feel free to join us in the Mod Squad, under Long Term Moderation. Some people who post there put in significant AF time before attempting moderate drinking, and others did not.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Back again. Had a 3 day run of AF days. Only got a couple of hrs sleep on each night and slept through the alarm. Was a little pissed to have to start up again. Was going to try cutting back but have just had a few nights of bad sleep and no sleep(while drinking) so am going to go cold turkey again. Thinking if I'm going to walk around like a sleep deprived zombie I might as well not have any other effects.

I did find that once you have a few AF days it does get a little easier not to drink. That is if you can sleep.

Comment

Working...
              X