• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neart - a bit of my story

a
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Thank you for sharing your story. It's tough looking though the years of drinking and admitting honest truths to oneself. I'm just starting this process and your story encourages me to love myself. AL is so scary and has so many horrifying tales... Keep up with the hard work you are worth it! - choice

Comment

thanks for sharing, i think opening up about these things can be a great help in dealing with it.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hi Neart, thanks for sharing your story.
        I hope seeing it in print helps the process for you and acts as a reminder of your lowest point,
        For me posting about my alcohol abuse has been great therapy.

Onwards and upwards!
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

VERY touching story. Goes to show there aren't huge traumas, but the everyday ones, that can put us in a horrible, humiliating place, and make us take stock of where we are going.
          Glad you're here.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

{{{{Neart}}}} thanks so much for your post.

Slightly whack to anthropomorphize a chemical, but what an asshole alcohol is, as are the people who sell it. "Socially awkward or feeling shite about yourself? I can help!"
            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Thanks so much guys - I nearly deleted it about 10 times since I put it up, but I know that it's important for me to face up to where my story was heading on the road I was on. It's one of those "things happen to other people" situations, I think. That's what I've always tried to convince myself anyway. But it happened to me! Like you said Ruby, no major traumas, I've been blessed in so many ways.

And now I find myself thinking that maybe I'm blessed too to get this clarity in my life, to be able to see where I'm headed - I have my chance now to change the direction of my life. I can't undo anything that's already happened, but I can alter my course from here on. And Pride, I agree with you about how much we underestimate alcohol - I wonder will public perception turn in years to come as it has done for smoking, will people see it for all the damage it does?

But I have to accept responsibility - the AL didn't take me by the hand and walk me to the hospital - it was my action - my choice to consume it - that messed up my body so that I couldn't stand up. I find now that I'm beginning to think that I don't WANT AL in my life anymore, that it doesn't have to be a sacrifice. An AF life doesn't have to be endured - it could be the best possible life there is, and maybe I should be embracing the opportunity!
              AF since 13th July 2010
              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Well done Neart - you have taken the bull by the horns and got on with it and you are succeeding xx
                14 days AF and now modding

A person may conquer a million people in battle but one who conquers himself is, indeed, the greatest of conquerors. - Buddha

Comment

Working...
                X