My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

I have decided to write up my story and what I did to quit on a website. I hope it will help you with your journey.

After 25 years of my head in a bottle even whilst pregnant and breastfeeding I managed to quit. That was a year ago here is the story.

Saying goodbye to alcohol
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

My Story

Suz, your journey has been amazing, and I'm astounded by your website. The biggest congratulations, though, for one year sober! WOO HOOOO!!!!!
    I'm bookmarking your website to keep up with you.
    Ruby
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

My Story

Thanks Ruby,
      It certainly helped me writing stuff down, sometimes I just wanted to run away and ignore the past but I thought it might be usefull so carried on and the blog should be handy for those extra crazy thoughts!
      Suz

Comment

My Story

You done good, honey. :hug:
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

My Story

Hi Suz,
          Thank you for bringing both your story and your website to our attention! I agree with Ruby completely! WOW! WOW! WOW! and Huge Congratulations on One Year of Sobriety!

Your website is so well done! I love that you point out the incredible value of the amino acids for the cravings and over all horrible affects of withdrawal. It seem that you and I used pretty much the same Way Out! Amino Acids, Walking.....tons of walking and for me I added a few other helpers, like reading and meditation. MWO showed me the Way to Find My Way Out......and I am very grateful for that!

Your website appears to be dedicated to completely alcohol free! I will definitely be recomending it to others!

Thank You Again and Best Wishes,
          Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My Story

KateH1;946440 wrote: Hi Suz,
            Thank you for bringing both your story and your website to our attention! I agree with Ruby completely! WOW! WOW! WOW! and Huge Congratulations on One Year of Sobriety!

Your website is so well done! I love that you point out the incredible value of the amino acids for the cravings and over all horrible affects of withdrawal. It seem that you and I used pretty much the same Way Out! Amino Acids, Walking.....tons of walking and for me I added a few other helpers, like reading and meditation. MWO showed me the Way to Find My Way Out......and I am very grateful for that!

Your website appears to be dedicated to completely alcohol free! I will definitely be recomending it to others!

Thank You Again and Best Wishes,
            Kate
            Kate,
            Thank you for your response, and well done to you to.
            I think that when we try to moderate its because we still have the idea in our head that we need to be able to drink to be a 'real, interesting person'. I certainly believed it for along time and thought anyone that had quit was a self righteous arse who can't have really had a problem in the first place and I didn't want to be like that, I hope I don't come across like that as it isn't how I feel!
            If my site helps other people get free from alcohol then I will be delighted.
            Suz

Comment

My Story

Suz, I remember when I first came to mwo.....I was a mess, a complete mess due to my alcohol consumption! At first I was a bit defensive of those that were already sober. Can we say "alcoholic personality"!! Defensive, arrogant, blaming others, self pitying, angry, judgmental! Argggghhhh! But once I realized that it was truly ME who had to change and that these people were simply trying to show me the way out.....My Whole Life Began to Change!

I know that my thoughts about being able to "Learn to Moderate" when I joined mwo came from my secret desire to be able to continue to drink, but not have the problems in my life caused by drinking. Of course, I am an alcoholic and so, there is no such thing as moderations and after falling flat a few more times, I finally accepted that fact! With that being said, I also realize that there are people at mwo who are not alcoholics and who were and are able to truly drink moderatly and if that is good for them, more power to them!

I truly love sharing with others who are also on this journey!

xx Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My Story

Agree with all above. I WAS able to drink, moderately, for a while, but finally my sober brain just said "Why?" To much of me was being given to fretting over it all. Besides, having my life now, as crazy, busy, hectic, up and down as it is, for me it's one thing I CAN control.
                sigpic

Comment

My Story

WOW

Comment

My Story

ditto Jodie...WOW
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                    X