What a day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a day!

I work fromm from, so waking up to find my ADSL down was a bummer start, but I woke up well rested and very positive, so I completed today's task and tried using my phone as a bluetooth modem. This worked well, but very slowly, then my PC's bluetooth just caved. I re-installed the drivers, and about an hour later and 10% more progress, they caved again.

All the while I'm suffering a scratchy contact lense. The shop had my new ones, but I was waiting, without transport, until they also had the glasses I ordered. I phoned and they said the glasses would be ready this afternoon. Having no internet, I decided to look at my scooter that I pranged two weeks ago and couldn't start. That was emotional: stressful because the fuse kept blowing, then jubilent when I found the fault.

I found riding the scooter for the first time since pranging it, while detoxing, with my Xanor just run out yesterday, very hard on my nerves. The cashier at one shop asked why I look so sick today, and I know I didn't look sick when I left home. The peak was as I got off the scooter, I felt I deserved a treat. Funny enough, the first thing that sprang to mind was sweets, or biltong, then I passed my favourite seafood restaurant, and the temptation to sit down there over a few bowls of sushi and a beer was like a strong wave on the beach. Ironically I have never drunk alcohol in that restaurant. I discovered it in August when I did a 30 day AF.

I got my glasses, some Somnil (antihistamine sleep aid) because zolpidem kept me up raving, listening to psy trance and coding like a demon, until about 1am. I went back to the sushi shop and had my usual favourite dishes, with my usual drink there, Coke Zero. Much releaved I have fetched 2 disks of House on the way home, had some Somnil, and will soon be waking up and rewinding the current episode.

What a day!

Sorry you've had a tough day. Well done for resisting the beer. :-)
    14 days AF and now modding

A person may conquer a million people in battle but one who conquers himself is, indeed, the greatest of conquerors. - Buddha

Comment

What a day!

FreedGenie;966776 wrote: Sorry you've had a tough day. Well done for resisting the beer. :-)
      Thanks. Today was day 1 totally benzo free out of since 10 days AF, still no cravings (except for a benzo, very early this morning).

Comment

Working...
      X