Sticking to my plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticking to my plan.

A short while ago, when I went up and hired DVD's, I thought I could easily have told myself I could have just a bottle of wine over the afternoon and evening (it's 4.30pm here), and still feel fine, and resume AF tomorrow, but I would not be able to suppress the dissapointment in not making my 30 days. It was that latter thought first, before the temptation, and for that I am glad.

Sticking to my plan.

Well done for resisting. I know what you mean about the 30 day plan. It definitely helps keep you focused.
    14 days AF and now modding

A person may conquer a million people in battle but one who conquers himself is, indeed, the greatest of conquerors. - Buddha

Comment

Sticking to my plan.

smart choice. that damn devil goes away if you don't give him attention.

Stay strong!:goodjob:
      Symbols!

Comment

Sticking to my plan.

My inner junkie used to try to tell me that stuff all the time. Lies!! Good for you staying the course. It WILL get easier.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sticking to my plan.

Good on you Brady! It definitely helps having a 30 day plan and you're so right in saying that the disappointment of not seeing it through would have been rotten.

Wishing you continued good luck and dedication!

Comment

Sticking to my plan.

Doggygirl;967551 wrote: My inner junkie used to try to tell me that stuff all the time. Lies!! Good for you staying the course. It WILL get easier.

DG
            I don't see it so much as lies. I could pretty easily have handled a bottle yesterday and back to AF today, but I would have had that cloud of dissapointment hanging over the other cloud of dissapointment that I did no planned worked this weekend. But hey, work is work and a weekend is weekend , I can handle the one cloud in stride. Today I would have just been miserable with the two.

Comment

Sticking to my plan.

BradyKelly;967711 wrote: I don't see it so much as lies. I could pretty easily have handled a bottle yesterday and back to AF today, but I would have had that cloud of dissapointment hanging over the other cloud of dissapointment that I did no planned worked this weekend. But hey, work is work and a weekend is weekend , I can handle the one cloud in stride. Today I would have just been miserable with the two.
              Good for you that you are able to drink and then easily stop again. Something I cannot do!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sticking to my plan.

That is really great!! Each time you resist the temptation to drinking makes you that much stronger the next. Enjoy your film.
                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sticking to my plan.

Doggygirl;968635 wrote: Good for you that you are able to drink and then easily stop again. Something I cannot do!

DG
                  It's not so easy to stop for me as much as it's fairly easy to be AF. I suffer from generalised anxiety disorder, and I think binge drinking has caused the kindling effect in me, but I experience intense withdrawal symptoms even after say 3 days of drinking, but once I stop, it's fairly easy to stay AF.

Comment

Working...
                  X