Here's my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my story

It's hard to admit that I have made mistakes. It started out in moderation, then turned bad at a young age, I figured that as long as I was only drinking it was better than other things out there I could be doing. I am coming to the realization that is just not true.

I am tired of running from my emotional issues behind a bottle of whiskey. I want to be a responsible new parent and I want to be a good wife again. I am so sick to my stomach when I get to the bottom of the bottle and start a fight with anyone that will listen. I say things I don't mean or even remember saying, in person, on the phone, in e-mails. It's not fair to my loving husband, who is always here for me no matter what I do.

I too am looking for a way out. A good nights sleep, and peace of mind that I am being the best person I know how to be. I am so sad that it has come to this, that I have started to taint a wonderful relationship, and I am looking for that life back. I know it's not too late to start fixing myself so that I can fix my errors at home.

Today is going to be the day I clean out the cabinets, put the bottle down and apologize to my husband for all of my mistakes. Today is the first day of a promise that I am making to myself, and my family before it's too late and I loose everything I hold dear.

It just looks like I am going to need support from every which way, but today is the day I am ready to make amends and start living life the way it is meant to be lived.

Thanks.....:new:

Here's my story

Hi justme13

Good on you, great day to start. We can start together. Thanks for sharing your story, I hope you read lots of other stories on here and get some tools to help you along the way. But for now I just want to encourage you that you are making the right decision.

This is a great day to begin a new life
    One day at a time, one minute at a time
    Kind regards
    H
    Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Here's my story

Thank you, I certainly hope that I have the right tools in my tool belt here. I am confident that I can do this. Thanks for the words of encouragement....:thanks:

Comment

Here's my story

Welcome Just me,

Alcohol will take everything we hold dear to us, if we don't stop the madness. Go for it! You can do it.
        Check out the 'Toolbox' thread here in the 'monthly abstinence section'. Lot's of great info/tip's/education/inspiration. Keep reading.

Best wishes, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Here's my story

do it put them down the sink and eat well this afternoon
          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Here's my story

excellent just me'
            we are here for you!! We have all been where you are right now.Remember, you are not alone
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Here's my story

welcome justme13 just do your best and take it but one day at a time and yes lean on us and you are not alone.. we are here for one another.. let make it together
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Here's my story

You can do it

Comment

Working...
                X