X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so here is my story

AF 5/jan/2011

so here is my story

G'day Madman, and a warm welcome to you.

I am a madman too, so you are in good company. Thankyou for sharing your story with us. That is very brave. Glad to hear you say you want to live, that's alway's a good start! Stick around, there's lot's to read, and lot's of excellent info here. Check out the 'Toolbox' thread in the 'monthly abstinence' section. There is some very useful info/tip's there on getting off, and staying off the grog. Jump in mate.

Best wishes on your journey.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

so here is my story

happier days

madmans;980416 wrote: when i was young my mother died she was 48 i was 7 the youngest. youngest of 6, three girls and three boys,we never recovered from that , dont get me wrong we had great father and neighbors. i lived my life happy for a long time untill i starting dating. moved from ireland to new york with my long term girlfriend. after 3 months it was over! and for once i know that was not my fault ,she was right,i thought i was losing the love of my life ,i took it very bad ,drank heavy(every night) for a long time i wish i could just take control. but it was like free fall with a soft stop i woke in the mornings and went to work. thats over ten years ago i posted here a few weeks ago under madman lost the password still have two great kids and a wife .ps i spent about 3 years living by myslef and drinking everynight about 8 cans at the time i could not go to bed sober i want to live but the hardest thing is not going out to work thats makes me mad
      hi mad,i think most have gone thro what you hav,loves of our lifes,i did,but i did meet abetter person for me,actually we just celebrated 34 years of marriage the other day,it hasnt all been great times,i think one of the biggest things ive lerned over the last couple of years,is,people like us always try to make others happy,and forget about ourselves,youve found an alternative to over drinking,that is xpressing the feeling online to people who no where you are,i wish you well,:thanks:for sharing gyco:goodjob:

Comment

so here is my story

Wow, 34 years is amazing, Gyco.

Hang tough, madmans. The job market just really sucks right now. It will get better.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
        - Vernon Howard

Comment

so here is my story

proud of you for posting...stay strong and know we are here for you. no judgements...just support
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

so here is my story

I echo the other poster's comments. I really hope you find the strength to come back and talk to us.
            Keep safe
            KTAB
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

so here is my story

thanks all for posting it has helped its good to know there is people out there the same as me i listento all advice keep it coming
              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

so here is my story

hi all feeling good/ good frame of mind might have a small chance of work. who knows . at the minute i only drink about two times a week . but for a good few years it was not like this .i know what it is like to drink and hold down a job, to drink ,work,drink,work and sleep . but who knows just a way of life in ireland
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

so here is my story

Glad to hear that things sounds a little better for you.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

so here is my story

yea doggygirl thanks, i find i have to really push for a good frame of mind within my self drinking or not . a lot of times i think i am losing my mind
                    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

so here is my story

I WAS losing my mind. Drinking would have killed me if I didn't stop. It's hard to stop but to me it's been very worth it. I feel like I have my life back.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

so here is my story

NOVEMBER IS GOING TO BE MY AF MONTH it will be very hard but its some thing i have done before, for november i am going to do it .
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

so here is my story

I have made many new friends in recovery - many here and also many at AA. I find it very helpful to have friends who share this addiction and who share my committment to not drink, one day at a time. There is strength in "we." I couldn't stop by myself.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

so here is my story

3 days done, will be harder tomorrow night football game i want to watch is on, i would allways drink about 8 cans while watching games. a lot of times the game would just be an excuse to drink but i am going to try
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

so here is my story

Hi Madman, I used to do similar, its kinda nice now remembering all of the game the next morning though
                              Seriously though the picking up a drink because there is a game on is only a habit and a crap one at that. You can do this, you have done three, just think how good you will feel that waking moment when you realise you watched the game sober and are feeling the benefit, its magic.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X