Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I wanted to stop

:new:

Help! I started drinking wine and now I cannot stop. I am up to 2 bottles per night. In the morning up to about 2PM, I feel like I never want any wine again and I just want to be sober and feel healthy. By 4pm I am wanting nothing more than to drink drink drink my brains out. Everyone I talk to suggests either going out for a drink or going to AA. I am looking for an alternative to both suggestions.

Any ideas?

I wish I wanted to stop

:welcome: stukonwine,

Wine used to be the poison of my choice too. You made a huge step today by just reaching out for help. We have all walked in you shoes at one time or another.

Have a click on the link below to help you get some ideas and plans together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Glad to have you here.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I wish I wanted to stop

Stuk, I feel for you. It's not going to be an easy journey but it all begins with asking yourself why you drink when you have clearly realised you no longer want to.

Please ask yourself that question and then stick around this forum. You will find lots of support here and people who feel very similarly to you.

AA is useful for some but isn't the ultimate answer for everyone. Hopefully posting on this board and getting feedback, and trying different things, you will work out what's best for you.

Good luck and I hope to read more of your posts,
      K x
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I wish I wanted to stop

Hi & welcome to mwo stukonwine,
        Why do you actually want to stop? What are the consequences of your alcohol consumption? Weigh up the pros and cons of your drinking, the costs versus the benefits ,write them down.
        What are the good things about your drinking right now, what does it do for you? This is important to consider, because you need to find other ways to achieve this.
        Then what are the bad things about your drinking? Really dig deep with this – look at your relationships, your health, job, self-esteem, depression etc.
        what are the good things you expect to happen when you stop drinking, how will your life be better?
        Finally what are the negative aspects of quitting? What is putting you off the idea? Again, this is important because you will have to find some way to solve these concerns.
        You need to be reminding yourself about this list of your motivations every time you think about having a drink,post here daily what your going through as you are not alone and we can all relate. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X