Panic Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic Attacks

i join in the website in may 2010 and sent of blogs because i thought i could control my drinking. But it has gotten out of control

i can drink between 2 glasses and 2 bottles a day every day i have just recently devolped panic attacks which i think are directly related to the amount of achol i have been drinking the drink has got a hold of me because of some emotional blows that i have had been delt over the past years including the loss of my mother and sister to cance

Drinking makes the the stress go away but it has been getting out of hand and i feel like it is taking over my life. it started with a couple of wines a day but it has elculated to more and more and it is starting to effect my family and my way of life if anyone can help me because i want to get my life back n track

Panic Attacks

Hi pohutakawatree,

Welcome back, and thanks for posting.

Panic attacks are often closely related with alcohol; I drank to relieve stress but found that, in the long run, it made things worse.

(You might like to try posting on the 'Just Starting Out' thread as well, as there are usually more people reading it).

MF

Comment

Panic Attacks

horrible

pohutakawatree;1011892 wrote: i join in the website in may 2010 and sent of blogs because i thought i could control my drinking. But it has gotten out of control

i can drink between 2 glasses and 2 bottles a day every day i have just recently devolped panic attacks which i think are directly related to the amount of achol i have been drinking the drink has got a hold of me because of some emotional blows that i have had been delt over the past years including the loss of my mother and sister to cance

Drinking makes the the stress go away but it has been getting out of hand and i feel like it is taking over my life. it started with a couple of wines a day but it has elculated to more and more and it is starting to effect my family and my way of life if anyone can help me because i want to get my life back n track
      good morning,:upsetanic attacks,death defying,mine lasted as long as 2.5 hours,that was 10 years ago,half a dozen psychiatrists later,your rt it has a lot to do with drinking,but not all of it,it has a lot on how you deal with life s stresses,i didnt hav a real worry in the world,till my 1st one hit me,devastation,its like your world comes a screeching halt,funny as it may be,i have a book rt beside me,anxiety and panic attacks,by robert hanley and pauline neff,:thanks:i wish you well beleive it or not there was a time in my life i coouldnt talk about it,devestating xperience gyco

Comment

Panic Attacks

Anxiety/panic attacks previews bad happenings; depression reviews bad happenings. Worry is anxiously anticipating that some awful, scary, unpleasant events are going to happen. Worry also involves trying to think of ways to avoid these unpleasant happenings (Borkovec, 1985). Worry is an unpleasant, upsetting activity that we'd like to stop but we can't; sometimes we can hardly think of anything else and can't sleep. Worrisome fretting is an effort to solve problems that results in our imagining more problems than solutions; thus, we never find a good place to stop worrying. The stream of worries goes like this: "I have to get that report done this weekend... what if the boss gets mad about what I said... if I lost my job it would be awful... I saw a homeless family on TV today... we should be saving more money... I wonder if my marriage would survive hard times... Oh, God, what if I couldn't take care of the kids..." Each little worry expands into a three hour, award winning movie or flows into an unending elaboration of other worries.
        How can a worrier stop worrying excessively? One approach is to try to get worrying under situational control, i.e. set aside a time (perhaps 1/2 hour each day) and a place to worry, and only worry there. To do this you also have to detect the onset of worrying and tell yourself to put it off until the appointed time and place. Thought stopping or focusing your attention immediately back on the task at hand might help avoid the continuous worrying. Use the "worry period" to develop at least a crude plan (not the perfect plan) for current concerns. Writing your worries in a journal can help.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X