Just like you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like you

I am a 24 year old male who grew up in a white, suburban town east of Cleveland, Ohio. I began partying in the beginning of high school and haven't stopped. Before I knew it, drinking replaced my hobbies and my friends and I drank every weekend. In college this tradition continued and started to creep into the week. As more years went by, drinking became or more normal part of my life. I now drink almost everyday. I often don't remember portions of the night. I hate being so sick the day after a binge that I sit on my ass all day and don't do a thing. It is really really sad. I fell pathetic. I was given everything I could ask for in life and proceeded to get wasted instead of dream and conquer. In the last year or so I have gotten to the point where I understand that alcoholism is a disease. I am sick of drinking. Mercy.
    Alex

AF: 01/02/2011

Just like you

hiya path - welcome to MWO - I hope you find this site as wonderful as I have. Good for you for realising you have a problem. Read through the site and post on some of the threads. Welcome again
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Just like you

quick learner

pathlesstravelled;1033152 wrote: I am a 24 year old male who grew up in a white, suburban town east of Cleveland, Ohio. I began partying in the beginning of high school and haven't stopped. Before I knew it, drinking replaced my hobbies and my friends and I drank every weekend. In college this tradition continued and started to creep into the week. As more years went by, drinking became or more normal part of my life. I now drink almost everyday. I often don't remember portions of the night. I hate being so sick the day after a binge that I sit on my ass all day and don't do a thing. It is really really sad. I fell pathetic. I was given everything I could ask for in life and proceeded to get wasted instead of dream and conquer. In the last year or so I have gotten to the point where I understand that alcoholism is a disease. I am sick of drinking. Mercy.
      :welcome:interesting name,i can tell you listen to your own words,if you keep going on the way your going it will get worse before it will get better,im a 57 year old male,who s been doing the drinking thing off and on since i was 16,at 45 Hell broke lose,depression,suicide thoughts,hospital stints,psycoigists psychiatrists AA and even a stint at reahab,at one time they chalked it up to panic attacks that also came up with a bang,:upset:you have found a great site,stick around and read whats best that suits you,listen and this program can help you in one way or another i wish you well gyco:goodjob::thanks:

Comment

Just like you

Gyco - you rock:l:l
        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Just like you

hi , thanx zep,it is this site that helped me out ,i want the best for all,but this ailment is not a walk in the park,i have children Paths age theyve seen the good with the bad,the control nd no control,and the old words, ALL NEVER GET THAT WAY,again, ?seeing im up again Path hang around and you will lern what is the best for you,gyco

Comment

Just like you

:welcome: You have made a really good decision to nip this addiction in the bud! I am impressed that at 24 you are looking at reality and want to do something about it!!! Best of luck to you. :l:h

Comment

Just like you

I am sick of drinking too, I will conquer this beast that has taken up residence in my body. With this forum and supportive friends I will beat my demons before they beat me!!!

Comment

Just like you

Welcome Alex and Laurel.
                We have been where you are and some of us are still there, but we all care about each other and will help you any way we can
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X