Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just fix it

greetings from the sunny south.
    im 55 years young and gonna live to be 103. moving right along.......
    been a heavy drinker since the ripe age of 20 pretty much daily.and i mean HEAVY.
    lost it all about 12 years ago (i wonder why) but kept right on pounding the poison into my system.one thing i can say i never had a reason to drink..i mean a fam member died or i lost a job or i went to jail...didnt matter.i drank cause i wanted to.now i dont drink cause i have to.i wont bore you with all the details (just read what others write here and that'll be me),
    anyways...AF for 8 days now and lovin it.:thanks:
    " Life is good ...then it gets better "

just fix it

Hi there,

Nice to meet you. Congrats on 8 days AF - me too. Sober life really is better - I have done it in the past and loved it.

Hope to read more of your posts,
    k x
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

just fix it

Congrats, FixitGuy and Kimberley on your eight days. I am 11 days sober and I hope you never catch up to me.

Isn't it great to string more than a week together and begin to realize that EVEN IF YOU FAIL this really is still totally possible, totally achievable? We have proven a lot already, just by making it over a week. We are proving this to ourselves. And let's face it -- the whole week hasn't been great. It has been a normal human week, highs and lows, ups and downs. We chose NOT to drink during those lows, those downs. We have made it a week, we can make it another day. I am thankful for that, and I hope you are too.

Aside: Kimberley, been reading your posts everywhere. Your recent stories are an inspiration! Thanks!

Comment

just fix it

Sona;1038806 wrote: Congrats, FixitGuy and Kimberley on your eight days. I am 11 days sober and I hope you never catch up to me.
        Me too, although I always want to be 3 days behind you :H

Glad you are enjoying my story - I'm finding it inspirational and its actually happening to me!!
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
        X