Finally the Right Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this site last spring, and told my story then. Alot has happened since then. First I have a progressive lung disease, so on March 9th/10 I had a routine biopsy, which was not routine, I woke up and panicked, put a hole in my lung, and the Dr had to medicate me 5 times the normal level. I spent the night in the hospital on perks, sent home the next day with leviquin, and oxycoton. My lung was no better by the 15th and I sent to my Dr. Afte that I went to my sisters work, then to her house. I had one glass of wine in a 3 hr span. I felt strange, but had to go home. I do not remember the drive. I got arrested and charged. My loving common-in-law spouse was telling me to get out, so eventually I did. I had my day in court and was found guilty, fot for over 80, but for impaired. I admitted to taking my meds the night before and the glass of wine. I continued to drink, then on Jan 10th I decided I did not want this type of life. I had even thought of ending my life before I was found guilty, but as you can see did not. So back to by not drinking, yes I admit there were times I drank more than I should have, but not that day, I was in too much pain. And yes I drank from morning to night after. Now I am proud to say, I am AF and have been sisnce January 10/11 and will continue to be. I was worried about withdrawals, not a problem. My problem is and will be for a while the habit I formed. That too I will overcome.:hug:

Litre-- yes you will overcome it-- it is like any habit if you think about it in that-- it took a while to build now it will take a while to break... I found it was helpful for me to think of it as a bad habit like dieting or working out-- of course there are times when we do not work out or eat well but we don't let that totally kill us-- or most don't-- I still beat myslef up bigtime if I have a slip but at times thinking of it as undoing a habit instead of thinking of it as the end of my life if I screw up once-- does help to put it in perspective!

Comment

Thanks ATLTrash, I am now on day 17 Af, I thought the habit would be the worst to break, but coming home and not pouring a glass of wine does not seem to concern me. True, there are a few times, but they are very short that I wish I had a glass of wine, now I know I am winning. I guess being stubborn helps

Comment

So awesome Litre. I have never smoked but I have heard folks talk about that it is so hard to get out of the habit of having that cigarette at "X" time more than actually wanting it much. That not having that glass probably wa sa ritual to you. But not now-- good job!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X