Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pour another glass of wine as I browse the site.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have at least one drink a day but usually a bottle of wine minimum. This has been happeining for about 3 years. I noticed it was a problem when I had to start hiding it. I hate the way I feel most of time but why do I continue to do it? Thanks for reading. :new:

Hi NeedHelp and :welcome: to the MWO forum.

You are not alone. The insanity of addiction - if that is what you have - is continuing to take a substance or whatever despite the negative consequences.

Please read the posts on here and see if you can find sme similarities in what you are experiencing.

Do you have any idea of what you want to do? Do you want to cut down or stop or are you just concerned at this point in time and want to talk about it?

Whetever your choice, you will find a warm welcome, understanding people and great advice here.

K x
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hi need help and welcome. I did the whole reading and drinking thing for a long time too.I kind of regret doing that for so long now.What I have eventually come to realise is that recovery will only come if you have a plan.Your plan is your own eg start a certain medication,go to your first AA meeting,make an appointment with a therapist,download the MWO book etc. The most important thing is to decide on a certain course of action and try it out. If it fails then try something else. Most people have had to try out several plans before they got better.Which plan would interest you?
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

life

needhelp1975;1085096 wrote: I have at least one drink a day but usually a bottle of wine minimum. This has been happeining for about 3 years. I noticed it was a problem when I had to start hiding it. I hate the way I feel most of time but why do I continue to do it? Thanks for reading. :new:
        hi 1975, help neded,:goodjob:theres an old saying you know your an alchoholic,when you say your an alchoholic, ive been doing this fer years,not true,admitting being a alchoholic,now this is my opinion is admitting defeat ? :upset: or is it saying yiou ve won the war or lost thewar, on addiction,you go to meetings every day,just like you drink everyday,is there a happy medium ? no,you ve recognised a problem with your ,individual drinking,yea you might get wasted once in a while,o well,but is there a difference in going to a meeting every day or every second day,saying your alchoholic,this is a long journey,like scabble,always figuring out what you next move willbe,but the best thing is, YOU HAVE A CHOICE,:Hgyco

Comment

Working...
        X