support needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

support needed!

:new: Have taken the decision to start today. I have been a drinker for a long long time, not always to excess but with a tendency of not knowing when to stop. For the last five years or so it has been a problem - I am taking anti-depressants and should not be drinking. I wake up in the morning not remembering what my kids have said to me or what I have seen on TV. I am too embarrassed to speak to my family and ask for their support although they must know I have a problem so I can't count on them to help but I have to stop... what is the best way to get through the first week?

support needed!

Hi & welcome to mwo belgium, This is a great community with lots of great advice and support,read read and post your feelings and you will see you are not alone in this battle,also check out the tool box in the monthly abstinence thread,give your self a chance and remember nothing changes if nothing changes.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

support needed!

Hello Belgium and a very warm Welcome
      I used to be the same to the extent that I actually wrote things down that were said to me the night before, so that I wasn't embarrassed the next day by hubby or kids by not remembering what had been said! How sad is that!!!!
      The best way to get through the first week is to come here, read, post and listen, you are totally not alone - we are all either there or have been there. With the help of this wonderful site, you will find friendship, encouragement, support and non-judgmental advice, so keep coming here as often as you can. Can you confide in your GP, I did and found heaps of support along with MWO, the support is out there we just have to admit we need help and seek it. So good luck my friend, you are certainly not alone here and never will be. You have done the right thing, by coming here. Take care, Love and Sunshine Kaza x
      Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

support needed!

Hello and welcome. There is a lot of support here, so dive in friend.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
        X