Taylormade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylormade

I am a functioning alcoholic. I lie and hide when I go into my dark world and absolutely hate it. My issue is with relapes. I can go weeks or months and then something happens and i spend two to three week in that awlful place. AA has never been a solution for me. The meetings were poorly managed and seemed cold and insenitive.

I am tired of hurting everyone around me with my relapses and desperately need a way to recognize the triggers and avoid them.

The medication worries me a bit. I have Asthma and have concerns about the breathing difficulty on the side effects list.

Also I have to come clean with my doctor and tell him about by masquerade. I hate the coming clean part. Feel like a neon sign will be over me from here on. I guess I have no choice at this point. No doubt I have done some serious damage to my marriage. I have a wonderful wife and beautiful family that surely deserves better.

Wish me luck

Taylormade

:welcome: taylormade. And good luck! Takes a bit more than that though. Take a look around the site - lots of people here to learn from. You might consider reading the MWO book which you can dowload from the Health Store at the top of this (or any) page. You've taken that first step by joining and posting. Congratualtions on that. Your wife and family deserve better, yes...... but YOU deserrve better too!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Taylormade

HI Taylormade,
      Welcome to the MWO.
      There is a lot of support here.
      For me, since being here it has had a positive impact on my life and my relationship with my husband and family. I wish you all the best!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Taylormade

Hi Taylormade. I spent a lot of time too as a "functioning alcholic" until the functioning wasn't so functioning any more. Stopping was the best thing I ever did for myself and my loved ones.

I ditto the suggestion of downloading the book, and also reading 'round the site. You metnion a medication. Which one?

Strength and hope to you,

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Taylormade

I was a functioning alcoholic too. Well, I thought I was functioning really well. I wasn't. By saying I was a functioning alcholic just means I was able to go to work. I don't know how I drove there because I am pretty sure I was still drunk in the mornings.

It took a health scare for me to stop drinking for good. Thankfully my health issue probably didn't have anything to do with my drinking, but I can never be sure of that.

The scariest part for me was telling my doctor. I mean they are there to help you. I can't believe how long I actually allowed her to prescribe meds for me for blood presure/cholostrol(sp) that I could have had major issues with because of my drinking. She is still on me about my still smoking every time I see her. I am like "Dang Woman, one thing at a time!"

She never brings it up when I have an appointment with her. I bring it up that I am still AF. She says she is proud. That makes me happy. LOL
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
          X