im back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im back

decided to go to rehab, told my family,this is gonna blow, anyone have advice?
    Say, Mr. Fields, I read in the paper where you consumed two quarts of liquor a day. What would your father think about that?
    WC: He'd think I was a sissy.

im back

Dont have any advice, but I gotta say, you should be very proud for taking the first step in the journey.

Im sure others will chime in that have had rehab.....it certainly cant be a "bad" thing....wishing you all the strength needed to kick the beast in the ass
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

im back

just sux not having anyone to talk to I guess, or commiting to 30 day of somewhere new
      Say, Mr. Fields, I read in the paper where you consumed two quarts of liquor a day. What would your father think about that?

Comment

im back

They will be along shortly

I would have gone the treatment route, but I was too cheap for the copay. I really wanted the whole experience of being around others, and learning all I could.

Its probably like anything else that is new....a bit intimidating or overwhelming, but Im guessing that it wont take long for you to build some "real" relationships with others and grow in very positive ways.

And I would guess you'll walk away with some new found knowledge....all in all, you can color me green...I wish I would have gone.
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

im back

Best thing I ever did. It's a lot of money but I've been sober 5.5 months now, I feel the BEST i have in YEARS and I learnt so much about myself and addiction. I wanted to get better but I didn't want to go to rehab and was still telling myself and my parents (whilst puking and shaking with withdrawals) that I was going to do it on my own and didn't 'need' to go (yeah right!).

It's not easy and there will be moments when you want to be anywhere else than there (especially in the beginning) but go with a positive attitude, ready to soak up everything you can learn. You are actually lucky to have the opportunity to go. And if you don't like the counsellors and/or the other people there, just remember that after the month or whatever, you will never have to see them again. BUT you will be healthy, sober and have your freedom and whole life ahead of you.

Best of luck. This is your moment to step up and make your life work. Everyone will be here when you get out too. (including the pubs if you decide you prefer your soon to be Old Life).

Bean

Comment

im back

Hi, PW!!

I remember you from last summer, I think. And have thought of you often since then.
            I went to a 28 day rehab in November, and i will tell you that it was exactly what I needed! I got my second DUI in six months (luckily in a way that it was two different states) and the second one was right on my own road. Horrible experience, witnessed by many, including my husband. That's is when I knew i could go no further on my own. I was very lucky to have a friend who found this place for me. i was on a plane a few days later, and I have 134 days today. I loved just about everything about rehab. It was a 12 step based program, which i had avoided before, unfortunately. I had done a short detox/rehab a year ago, then a two week out patient program in the summer. I wish i'd found the rehab sooner. I do believe it saved my life. It hasn't always been easy for me since i got back, but I have the help of AA and MWO, but i still point to rehab as my life saver. I won't be driving for another 8 1/2 months, but I could have died or killed somebody else wheil driving before. A friend of mine has been there a week, and I am so very happy that she made the decision.
            Please feel free to PM me at any time and I can give you more details. You have made the right decision, and your family and friends will be proud of you!
            So happy to see you back!!
            :lTDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

im back

I haven't been to rehab so I have no advice for you there, but I'm glad to see you back. I remember you from last year too. You're a sommelier, right? Best wishes to you.

Comment

im back

Go in with a positive mind and open your conciousness to accepting the things you have previously refused to acknowledge. If you do this then rehab can be the start of your journey. If you go in there to fight the system and refuse to accept your own faults and responsibility then you are wasting your time.

Lastly don't go to make others happy or to prove to others that you are serious, it fails every time. Only go if deep down it's your decision and you really want to change.
                I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

im back

the addict in me is taking over, I dont wanna go. Kinda just wanna keep living the life, just scared I guess.

Comment

im back

You've lived "the life" before and you have a pretty good idea how it will turn out. Try something different. What's the worst that could happen? You'd waste some time?

Comment

im back

PW, SOOOOOO good to see you!!! Be in touch please? And be gentle on yourself xx

Comment

Working...
                      X