Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Australian!

Hi everyone,
    I'm 57, mother of 3 (20, 37, 39), grandmother of 6, am a Kiwi but have lived in Australia for 34 years.
    I got sober in rehab in 1998, stayed sober for 5 years, relapsed for a year and a half, got sober (again in rehab) for 4 years, relapsed twice briefly and have been sober for 20 months now.
    Have been on approx 150-240mgs of Baclofen per day for 2 1/2 years but have stablised now on 150mgs for the last 2 years (50mgs X3 daily). Have experimented with different dosages but have found that when I go higher I get heart palpitations. Sometimes the cravings kick in so I add another 25mgs to the usual dose and I come right or I deliberately take extra as a precaution if I'm going to be in a situation where there will be a lot of drinking around me.
    Luckily I have a GP (Australia) who prescribes it willingly for me and has followed my progress with interest.
    I still do AA because I love it (and my friends there) and because I'm not willing to risk my hard won sobriety by giving it up.
    "Never grow a wishbone sista, where a backbone oughta be"

Another Australian!

Well done Seraphina and I do believe Happy Birthday is in order.:bday7:
    (I was poking around and found the birthday section.)

I'm an Aussie too, though still trying to get the moderation part of it all together.

I tried Baclofen, but on my own, no GP and found the fatigue too hard to deal with.

I'm now trying the Kudzu (not much effect yet) and waiting on the L-Glut to arrive in the post. I am hoping that's my magic pill.

What state are you in? Im in the NT.
    Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
    :h ya
    Trix

Comment

Another Australian!

Hi Seraphina, and a big welcome to you.

Great stuff re your recent AF time, and you can and will do it again. I'm a humble clueless bloke, but i reckon if you can give birth to 3 kids, or even one, then getting and staying sober is surely easy and completely do-able in comparison.

Best wishes on your journey, and please feel free to post away and ask questions. Jump in.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
      X