My Last Day One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Last Day One

Probably the best place to start is about two weeks prior to 7th July 2009 at the joint 50th and 21st birthday party of Mr JC and our son.

From noon until midnight there was constantly lit BBQ, a full buffet and then a late supper and of course alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. Bottles and bottles of wine,a keg of beer, bottles of beer, spirits,champagne and even better guests brought booze with them. And then the gifts more alcohol but this time in pretty gift bags.

Apparently everyone had a fantastic time, even me. Although after the first pinata was bashed to bits late afternoon I don't recollect very much at all.

So let's fast forward to 5th July 2009.

I'd spent the previous two weeks steadily working my way through the alcohol in the house...and then some.

Mr JC had gone camping with friends.It was a beautiful summer weekend and I was in a house with all the booze a home alone alcoholic could wish for.

I'd woken up at around 5.30am with god-awful knowledge that I had to get the Sunday newspaper. So shaking like a leaf I downed 2/3 large glasses of red wine before putting Bess on her leash and heading off. Now our local paper shop not only sells magazines and news papers it also sells wines, beers and spirits.
    So at 6.50am found me asking for half a bottle of vodka only to be told they couldn't serve alcohol until 8.30am. Until my dying day I'll never forget the look of pity in eyes of the man at the cash desk when I returned to buy that vodka at 8.31am.

Why I needed that vodka I'll never know, our house was awash with alcohol but as ever it was a just in case we ran out. As if.

Later that day I lined up all the pill packets,tried to write a note (yes that kind of note) and opened some champagne. I was well and truly beaten by this whole damned thing.

Well I must have a guardian angel as Mr JC was back three hours earlier than scheduled to find me sitting in the kitchen, crying , highly distressed and very,very drunk. Luckily I hadn't managed to take any of the pills but I'd managed to open the champagne so he packed me off to bed.

Over the next couple of days, he organized yet another home detox for me. Doing all the hard work like ringing the doctor, taking me to said doctor, managing the detox and basically putting up with me through three days of sweating, nausea and a lot of crying.

I can actually tell you the date and time I became AF as it was deemed safe for me to start taking the Valium (diazapam) at 9.30am on the 7th July 2009.

I call this my rock bottom and also my last day one.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; October 18, 2015, 03:16 PM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

My Last Day One

Thanks for sharing your story JC :l:h
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

My Last Day One

Thanks JC for sharing . I have cut & pasted into a file " JC's Story" and will keep !
      Waiting for episode 2 and what happened next :l
      Or perhaps what lead to this moment in time ?

Comment

My Last Day One

Jackieclare thank you for sharing a small part of your battle and its great to see how far you have come.xx

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My Last Day One

:l:l:l JC :l:l:l
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

My Last Day One

Wrote a long post and it got lost Here and on the Army thread:upset:

What a wonderful and recognizable story Thank you so much for sharing Jackie:l:l:l

Comment

My Last Day One

Well done for sharing your story Jc i'm sure it brought up painful memories but i guess writing it down helps. You have come so far well done:l

Comment

My Last Day One

Thanks for sharing your story, Jackie. You have come such a long way since then. You've gotten and stayed sober, you've overcome some of your fears (flying alone, driving) and have ventured out and accomplished things you never even thought of, never mind dreaming about doing them. Most important of all, you have embraced your sober life and have moved forward with no regrets whatsoever. No thoughts of or attempts at modding, not one step backwards. Always steps ahead. Sometimes they may have been baby ones and other times they were huge ones - the certificate that you got enabling you to assist people with dependencies and family problems. The fact that you are willing to give of your time to help others who are in a place where you were, shows how far ahead you've come. Your progress is a shining example to all of us how life without AL is not a life deprived of pleasure (albeit a false one) but a life that can be filled with happiness, compassion and fulfillment.

You were one of the first to reach out to me when I joined MWO and I will always be grateful to you for that. And once again I wish to say how much I admire you and that I am honoured that you call me your friend.:h
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

My Last Day One

Ahhh JC, thanks for sharing your visit to the dark scary place. And baby, look at you now!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

My Last Day One

I have to be honest......Im glad I had a rock bottom, sounds like you used yours to your advantage as well.

Well done my friend!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1898082=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

My Last Day One

thank you for sharing your story, I have had a million day ones and I don't want to have any more!
                      Taking it ODAT

Comment

My Last Day One

:l Thanks so much sharing, Jackie! I really felt the pain you must have been in that day to have reached that point, and sadly have also seen the pity you saw in the clerk's eyes. I bet you never thought then, in your darkest moment, that you'd ever be where you are today, and here you are, a shining example of strength and determination for the rest of us. I'm so happy for you and wish you much continued success and happiness.

Sheri
                        AF since 3/16/09
                        NF since 3/20/07

Comment

My Last Day One

Wow. What a powerful post. All the dark stuff that underpins personal struggle. Then finding the hope and strength to overcome. Wonderful. Thank you !
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

My Last Day One

Thank you so much for sharing that, JC!! Amazing how far you have come.
                            "One day at a time."

Comment

My Last Day One

Dear Jackie,

When I first read this today, my eyes filled with tears. My emotions were mixed with sadness & joy. Mainly joy cause you are still here!.... Joyful & Grateful!....

I know you & your family are very grateful that you are alive, happy, healthy & sober today!.... Many of us are too!...... Wished I was closer, would love to do lunch!

Your story hits home with me. I relate to it a lot! Thank you, for having the courage to share so honestly & openly here! You never know who it might help!....

Love, :h

Wildflowers :l

Comment

Working...
                              X