Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Typing with thumbs, but did want to document the beginning.

More to follow.

Day 1

Just Starting Out? - My Way Out Forums

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

Hi pleasework welcome to MWO if you click into the above links it will certainly help you in the first few hours/days of your goals, good luck and remember you are not alone in this battle as we all have or are being where you are right now, Great first step in posting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 1

Welcome, you've found the right place for acceptance, encouragement and a gentle kick in the butt when needed. You have to do all the work but the support team is amazing. Mario is tops so follow his instructions and join the crew.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day 1

Hi PW. :welcome:

Look forward to getting to know you.
        Love your thumbs

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Day 1

Come tell us more pleaseword....

Comment

Day 1

hi please,welcome to ya hope to see you around
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Day 1

Thanks for the hello's, here it is, night two and i am lying here in a pool of my own sweat...
              Ahhh, is'nt this wonderful? Already thinking "a shot or ten right now would level me right up"

Comment

Day 1

Your doing great! The night time issues go away in 6 or 7 days, at least for me they did. Get a good book or a magazine, or watch some netflixs and just accept that sleep will come in time. Until then you have some extra time to catch up on movies or reading. Take naps if you can, I found sleeping during the day comes a bit easier than at night for what ever reason. Hang in there. You don't want to do this part over! Also if you have drinking thoughts think of something else. Count backwards from 100, name all your family members, anything to get you out of the stinkin thinkin loop as byrdie says! It has worked for me! You can do this!
                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Day 1

As I lay awake in my now stinking sweat soaked bed, I ran across this.... I laughed, I hope you all do as well...

5 Things Nobody Tells You About Quitting Drinking | Cracked.com

Comment

Day 1

Yes, I laughed, but a lot of that is true. One those bad things are done, you'll feel really good, and happy to be AF! You are doing great!
                    :lTDN
                    "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
                    X