My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story

I've been lurking for several months. I started drinking in my early 20s. Iam 37. It started
    Off as most people do when young and partying. Initially I would drink occasionally when
    Out at club or sports bar. In 2002 I started making some very poor choices in terms
    Of the company I kept. Going clubbin several days a week became a lifestyle pretty
    Fast which meant several nights of heavy drinking. Amazingly I was still able to hold on
    To a job and work out religiously. Fast forward a few years later I got pregnant (unplanned) as the selfish nature of the beast is, I had an abortion as I wasn't ready to
    Take responsibility for anyone or anything. The downward spiral really took off from that point. I started drinking every night. I got a Dui and lost my job in less than a year
    My drink of choice was ice beer. In 2006 I met new drinking buddies who's demons
    Were worse than mine. I was unemployed but was drawing unemployment. I had the money and the time. We would start drinking from 6am through the day into the night
    Most weekdays and weekends. Surprisingly I never let go of my love for working out. To be honest I think its what has kept me alive this long. Hang overs and all I still found a way to get several miles in (running).
    Five years ago I did land another job which I've kept so far. I still drank daily (4 beers) weekdays and 10 to 15 beers on weekends. 3 years ago vodka was added on an
    Things really went to another level. To say the least another entity takes over when iam on
    Vodka. I've managed to loose all my friends. Insulted family members, ruin entire parties
    Ruin christmas parties. To say the least iam not welcome anywhere. I've had 3 arrests in the
    Last three years due to disorderly conduct. The last arrest really
    shook me up as no one would bail me out. The judge let me out in
    Time to report back to work before I was to be fired. I know that
    If I ever get arrested again iam definitely doing time. I started asking myself
    Is it really worth it? I've allowed the beast to rob me of everything.
    Friends, reputation, time, peace of mind, money, health, self-worth
    Self-control, sense of purpose.. ..u get the point. With this sense
    of awareness I started facing the beast head on. I won a several
    battles last year and was able to log 100 days of AF last year.
    This year iam on day 15 today. I am back with my best friend
    (Running) pretty much daily. I've renewed my commitment to
    My walk with Christ and things are much much better.
    Alcoholism is a physical and a spiritual diseases. I nourish the
    Body with raw green smoothies with spinach, broccoli, spirullin
    Garlic among other goodies. I take omega 3 6 9 and low fat protein
    Daily. Oiko greek yoghurt is one of my daily delights. I sleep like a baby
    Especially after the work outs and no buzz can ever come close to
    This feeling. The sense if freedom and the actual possibility of a
    Future is all worthy whatever it takes to triumph over these darkness.
    One day at a time is my approach. I pray that I will not stumble
    but if do and fall, I know I'll not stay down and remain in the abbys
    as I remain for years
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

My story

What an amazing post, Lizker!

Your determination and insight are simply wonderful. Welcome to MWO :welcome:I know you are going to be a great inspiration to many (including me! ) and everyone here will help when the going gets tough.

At 37 it sounds like you caught yourself and are rebuilding. Looking forward to sharing yor journey :l

:h
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

My story

Thanks Kradle123 for reading my post. I know it was hard to read as i used the mobile
      phone to post. I'll edit once I fix my desktop. I've learnt a lot from you &
      most members here. I can't wait to get on the other side and really start living and help
      Others along the way.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

My story

Hi Lizker, :hallo:

Yup, great post. And really good to see how you have a handle on it - and how positive you are about beating it. Look forward to hearing more from you... interested in how you did 100 days AF and then...did you go back to the AL? I'm very new to the quit - only 8 weeks sober - so always trying to get a handle on why others returned to drinking for a while, especially those with longer AF time (3+ months, say). Anyways - settle in

RC

Comment

My story

Linker,
          Good luck to you. One day at a time works for me.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

My story

Just wanted to say:welcome: and thanks for posting your story. It is quite a story! Glad you are committed to being AF. This is a great place for help and support.

:lTDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

My story

:welcome:

Comment

My story

Glad you are here...

Thanks for sharing your story. Your resolve and attention to nutrition and exercise are very inspiring to me. Wishing you all the best!
                "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

My story

Welcome Lizker
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                  X