Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new here and so happy to have found this site

:heart:

I am scared but determined once again to stop drinking. I have tried everything and have been drinking heavily since the age of 26... I am now 31.

I am sick 2-3 times a week from my binge drinking the night before.
    I regularly find myself blacking out.
    I drink every day.
    I have taken breaks but cant seem to pass the 11 day mark.
    I want my life back. I need my life back. The days without depression.
    I want to feel physically great again.
    I dont want to feel guilt anymore.

So I will begin my plan. This site has been very helpful for me. I am glad I am not alone on this journey. I will overcome alcohol this time. I am ready! I need me back again.

Thank you all for being here for me.

Hugs:h

You can do this. Take each day as it comes.
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

I'm 31 and find it difficult in this day and age NOT to be surrounded by social pressures to drink. As of yesterday it hit me like a truck, literally, as I got the behind the wheel after drinking way too much (like I usually do) and hit another car. Thank goodness no one was hurt, but the shame and guilt I feel for not ever being in control when I drink is unbearable.
      YOU can do this, remember that alcohol is a poison and you don't need it taking over your life!

Comment

Welcome daffodil!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

:welcome: to MWO

This is a really supportive place with many resources to help you along the way. I'm very new here as well and can relate to your feelings today. U are certainly not alone. Try and be super patient and kind with yourself. Reach out anytime for support. Cheerleading you on...
          "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Welcome! Sounds a lot like my story and I am almost 30 days AF and everything has changed.

Do you have a good doc you can talk to? There are some proven drugs that can make it a little "easier" on you?
            If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Daffodil.....I drank half a litre of vodka almost daily for 23 years. I have quit, I am happy again, you CAN quit.

You say you have tried everything.....well you haven't tried MWO

This place saves lives.

Jump into the newbies nest.....there are a few of you early in your quit so you will have plenty of company. Or pair up with someone new, but make sure you read and read and post, post, post. Somehow writing this stuff helps get it into our heads.

Comment

Hi Daff
                Kuya is absolutely right. You can stop if you really want it.This place will enable you so many good and supportive people here. As Kuya said keep posting and we'll keep supporting you.
                Best wishes . K
                Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

:welcome: Take a look at the Tool Box thread you can click at the bottom of this post for some helpful ideas on how to stay sober. I'm glad you found us!!! :l
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                  X