Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen - The Journey Starts Here

:new:

Hi All, Am new on here and was just wondering about Baclofen. I am a functioning alcoholic and have been for many years. However since recently experiencing more black outs and untoward behaviour I have reached the conclusion that I need to seek help. I once tried Valium as a way to help as I believe my drinking is caused by anxiety. However due to the addictive nature of my being I became dependant on that. I am now benzo free (3 years or so) but need to sort the alcohol out.

I read about Baclofen and am currently reading the book which started this quest however my question is (for anyone out there currently taking) can i just take it at night time? I have read that it needs to be taken throughout the day but I find that my biggest problem is evenings and that so far if I take a large dose at night it kind of sees me through the next day anyway. Am currently taking 80mg evenings only.

Hambler,:welcome:,

Follow the dosage timing carefully for Baclofen. Believe me, from own experience, it is much more effective for helping with cravings when it's taken in dosages throughout all the day rather than one big dose in the morning/evening.

If you're on 80 mgs, you would be better off splitting your dosages into 25 mgs morning, early afternoon, and then late afternoon.

I used to take 30 mgs just in the morning....but then re-read the threads about how the timing is essential in maintaining my AF status. So, now I am on 40 mgs and I take 20 mgs. mid-morning and 20 mgs mgs. at about 3:00 p.m. I have been AF continuously since May and I do not struggle.

Good luck in your journey and go to the Meds Forum and click on Baclofen. Lots of good information there.

Comment

Brilliant thanks for that. I will check it out. It just makes me so brain dead in the day. Literally cant remember what i was doing a minute ago. Is that normal? And does it stop over time?

Comment

Hamblerobidoux;1458168 wrote: Brilliant thanks for that. I will check it out. It just makes me so brain dead in the day. Literally cant remember what i was doing a minute ago. Is that normal? And does it stop over time?
        I am over 4 months sober and very comfortable on 50mgs. of liquid bac per day. 25mgs in the AM and 25mgs. before bed. I was taking it 3 times in smaller doses but this seems to be working for me. The liquid has less side effects for me. I buy it from Lo0p@PhoenixResearchLabs.com

Welcome and I hope the bac works as well for you as it does for me! :welcome:
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
        X