One story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One story

147 weeks ago I was drinking up to one gallon of wine a day, or a fifth of hard liquor. I knew nothing good would come of this, but I was addicted. Then I read The End To My Addiction and resolved to try baclofen. My doctor was very cooperative and agreed to my trying it out. I began with 30 mg per day, and ramped up to 80mg, at which point my consumption started to diminish.

By way of goals, I did NOT want to stop entirely. I liked drinking, darn it, I wanted to MODERATE and control my drinking. I finally decided that more than 375ml of wine a day constituted a BINGE, and I did not want to binge anymore.

Since I was still binging at 80mg I increased the dose to 100mg, and was able to substantially reduce binging. My doctor was reluctant for me to take more, so I tried using willpower to reduce binging, and I was able to do that. I have neared my goal of no binges. In the last 48 weeks, 16 have been binge-free. The rest have had no more than three binges, only one 3, the rest two or more often, one.

I have reduced my baclofen to 80mg per day, which my doctor is happy with.

I now believe that only more focused willpower is needed to achieve every week binge-free. And I expect to do this within the next year.

I hope you have similarly good experience....

PS: My drug insurance is now questioning why I need so much baclofen. Hopefully they will not shut off the benefit.

One story

Hi Bubba - welcome to the site! Sorry no one has been by to say hello before now. I have zero experience with any meds, but I'm glad you are steadily making progress.

I know that Hippyman swears on his meds - I think he takes Bac, too. You could PM him and talk about that if you'd like.

Or you could visit the meds thread if you haven't already found it. The link is: Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Best of luck to you and see around the forum!
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

One story

Welcome to our site. I have no experience with Baclofen, but there are serveral sites on here you can visit. Just scroll around. Good Luck, friend.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

One story

Hi again, one of the sites is Topomax, Nalttrexone. Otter - a mamber, and Loop, a member are the go to people.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
        X