Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It took a while, but I think I finally got it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the past 22 years, I've been drinking. Every day, every other day, once a week. Even when I was pregnant 3 times, I didn't drink but AL was still in the back of my mind. 3 kids later, and almost 40 I think I finally realized I've been drinking to escape and hide from who I am. I've been in this gut wrenching grip of the worst poison that I have relentlessly poured into my body. I feel like now that I've welcomed this new perspective it may be less difficult to give it up and not look back. I'm tired of being tired, fighting, drinking and battling. I'm looking for inner peace and strength that I feel like I've lost so long ago. I'm kind of excited to get to know me again and give my kids the mother they deserve and my husband the wife deserves. He doesn't have to be with me but he chooses to. I can choose also. Choose not to by AL and choose not to drink.
    Living life to the fullest.

Brilliant Mtn Momma.

There are NO negatives in being sober. You will blossom. You will flourish. You will know that absolutely ANYTHING is possible for you.

Go for it friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

MtnMomma;1469101 wrote: For the past 22 years, I've been drinking. Every day, every other day, once a week. Even when I was pregnant 3 times, I didn't drink but AL was still in the back of my mind. 3 kids later, and almost 40 I think I finally realized I've been drinking to escape and hide from who I am. I've been in this gut wrenching grip of the worst poison that I have relentlessly poured into my body. I feel like now that I've welcomed this new perspective it may be less difficult to give it up and not look back. I'm tired of being tired, fighting, drinking and battling. I'm looking for inner peace and strength that I feel like I've lost so long ago. I'm kind of excited to get to know me again and give my kids the mother they deserve and my husband the wife deserves. He doesn't have to be with me but he chooses to. I can choose also. Choose not to by AL and choose not to drink.
      I'm glad you have joined us and I know you can get sober and stay sober! :welcome:
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

What a positive attitude you have, that will go far for you in your journey!!

Your SN still reminds me of John Denver.........:H
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

abstain

MtnMomma;1469101 wrote: For the past 22 years, I've been drinking. Every day, every other day, once a week. Even when I was pregnant 3 times, I didn't drink but AL was still in the back of my mind. 3 kids later, and almost 40 I think I finally realized I've been drinking to escape and hide from who I am. I've been in this gut wrenching grip of the worst poison that I have relentlessly poured into my body. I feel like now that I've welcomed this new perspective it may be less difficult to give it up and not look back. I'm tired of being tired, fighting, drinking and battling. I'm looking for inner peace and strength that I feel like I've lost so long ago. I'm kind of excited to get to know me again and give my kids the mother they deserve and my husband the wife deserves. He doesn't have to be with me but he chooses to. I can choose also. Choose not to by AL and choose not to drink.
          the first week is the hardest then it becomes so much easier, and the lack of sleep subsides, that was my biggest lie to myself (it helps me sleep) infact you just knock yourself out! hypnosis worked for me, i drank every day morning newn and night, for 20 years, now after hypnosis i havent touched a drop for two weeks, not even a craveing, just tea green tea and water, just applied for my drieving liencence too so much to look forward to. be strong, forget the past your young, good luck x x x :

Comment

Working...
          X