They were locking me up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were locking me up

Last August I thought I was being discharged from the hospital when they informed me I was being involuntarily committed. Suicidal ideation .... Hated myself, my life and what I had done to myself with alcohol. I fought it...I was going home..stupid doctors, I wanted a drink....they called security, sent me in the ambulance, an probably saved my life. I have be sober since that day. I am on Antabuse and Lexapro (antidepressant) and feel great. The daemon is still lurking, but I am holding it at bay. Hoping that I can help someone and get some much need support. Thank you

They were locking me up

Welcome, nillawafer! Glad you are feeling well... Sorry you went through the whole mess at the hospital, but at least you are feeling better now.
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

They were locking me up

Hey, Nillawafer,
      Thanks for your post. What a great story. Congratulations and welcome.
      kronkcarr

Comment

They were locking me up

Thanks kronkcarr and Ally i appreciate both of youtaking the time to reply. I am in need of some understanding support. Thanks again

Comment

They were locking me up

There is lots of support here Nillawafer. I am glad you made it through. Welcome and thank you for sharing.

Comment

They were locking me up

Nillawafer - I am so glad that this intervention changed your life. I know there are other things to work on but you will get there.
            I have a friend whose partner took his own life. Before that, she was desperate and asked if they would commit him, but they said it was not possible unless he agreed. I wonder would he have still been here......
            Welcome here - looking forward to getting to know you.....
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

They were locking me up

Eggggggcellent, sounds like you had a "rock bottom" moment, and you are using that as some motivation. I say it all the time as harsh as it sounds, I wish everyone with AL issues would have their moment, so they could move on with their lives without AL walking beside them anymore.

Welcome to the club
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

They were locking me up

Hi Nillawafer!

I'm so glad you've found us! You should head over to the Newbies Nest:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...265-30074.html

There are so many people there that can help...they are in all stages of recovery, so I'm sure you find someone to connect with.

Stick close and let us help!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

They were locking me up

Thank you everyone. Yes Nelz, I believe that was my rock bottom. I am using some of the "cuckoo's nest" memories to fuel my abstinence. It truly was a horrible place...definitely something out of my norm.

Comment

Working...
                  X