DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

NOT WANTING TO BE HAUNTED BY ALCOHOL WHICH OPENS AN OLD DOOR FOR DRUG ABUSE...I THOUGHT IF I DON'T DRINK I WON'T BE TEMPTED TO USE COCAINE. THEREFORE I WANT TO START MY NEW PRESCRIPTION ON ANTABUSE, BUT THERE IS MUCH RESEARCH NECESSARY BEFORE TAKING THIS DRUG. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS ON OR HAS TAKEN ANTABUSE IN THE PAST OR PRESENT? I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS BECAUSE THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE DANGEROUS.
    SINCERELY, JEFFREY
    JJFERRANTE@YAHOO.COM

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

Is anyone taking antabuse that can give me some advices?

Comment

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

:welcome: Jeffrey,

You will want to post this question on the meds forum: That forum has this title: Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds.

Click on this title (in blue font) and you will see numerous threads there. There are several on Antabuse.

You might also want to go into the Newbies Nest. Lots of good support there.

Good luck in your journey and let us know how we can help.

Comment

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

Jeffrey,

I take Antabuse. My doctor required a LFT first to ensure liver function okay first.

It does nothing for cravings but works a treat for the insane chatter of will I or won't I?

Interestingly, you might want to look into the meds forum, particularly Baclofen. I know Baclofen is known to help with Cocaine cravings.

You might also want to edit your post and remove your email address. :-)

Welcome to MWO.

Ciindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

CINDERS / ANTIBUSE

Thanks for your input CINDERS. It would be nice to chat with you, as I just started this "Antibuse" prescription. I know first hand it's a dangerous situation for me to not be on it, as I want to use cocaine after drinking just about 100% of the time. My thoughts are that after being on this I won't have all the crazy thoughts of drinking or sneaking around. The psychological addictive mind center should quite itself now that there is no way for me to drink. Actually I am in college (starting my 3rd yr.) for a Substance abuse Counseling certificate, so I have learned much about the "psycho-bio-social-spiritual" effects of drugs and alcohol. Again I would love to chat and pick your brain a bit as this is all new to me.
          Thx.....Jeff

Comment

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

Hello Jeffrey - I'm here for exactly the same reason. the one drug (alcohol) leading to the other (cocaine).

Comment

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

I took antabuse and I was scared, too. You have little to be scared of and much to gain by taking it. I was so scared of drinking while taking it that it did just exactly what Cindy said. It took away the choice to drink.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

DISULFIRUM-ANTABUSE

ALCOHOL TO COCAINE

JUST ABOUT EVERYTIME I DRINK IT OPENS A DOOR FOR ME TO HAVE THESE INCREDIBLE CRAVINGS FOR CRACK COCAINE. MY GOAL WAS TO STOP DRINKING SO THAT THE NEXT DOOR REMAINS SHUT. IT IS SUCH A DESTRUCTIVE LIFESTYLE (USING CRACK) AND THE HIGH RISK BEHAVIORS THAT PRISON IS JUST A STEP AWAY. I FEEL THAT IF I TAKE ANTABUSE AND SHUT DOWN THE ALCOHOL I WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SEEKING COCAINE ANY LONGER. I HATE THE EFFECTS OF COCAINE WITHOUT THE BOOZE. MY HEART RACES AND I FEEL AWEFUL, THEREFORE FOR ME IT'S A MATTER OF QUITTING THE ALCOHOL. I WROTE SOMETHING EARIER AND IT WASNT POSTED...DAM! GETTTING THE HANG OF A NEW SITE, I GUESS! ANYWAY RESPONDING TO LITTLE BEAGAL I WANTED TO SAY YOU HAVE A NEW BABY AND YOU ARE TRYING TO STAY SOBER"THATS GREAT" BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE IF YOUR BETTER HALF ISNT ON THE SAME PAGE HE/SHE CANNOT BE AROUND. IF THEY WANT HELP IT MUST BE ACTION, NOT JUST SAYING SO. YOU WILL FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE YOUR SOBRIETY BY HANGING AROUND THOSE THAT DONT. I AM NOW ENTERING MY 3RD YR. OF COLLEGE, WORKING TOWARDS BECOMING A CERTIFIED ABUSE COUNSELOR AND ON TO PROFESSIONAL STATUS. I MYSELF CANNOT GET CAUGHT UP IN CONTINUAL RELAPES WORKING AS A COUNSELOR, SO I CHOSE TO STOP THE ALCOHOL, WHICH FOR STOPS THE CRAVE FOR COCAINE. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU LITTLE BEAGAL AND LET ME KNOW HOW THINGS ARE UNFOLDING...I FEEL WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH AND IF I CAN HELP PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH-I SENT YOU MY # ON PRIVATE MESSAGE FOR A REASON "BEEN THERE". THERE IS NO WORSE LIFE THAN SEEKING DRUGS DAILY!!!

Comment

Working...
                X