My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

I have been using Baclofen for months but just got turned on to the My Way Out book and community. I was prescribed 80mg a day of Baclofen from my Psychiatrist to help with my addiction problems and for anxiety. I had been relapsing quite a bit. I noticed an immediate positive effect of Baclofen regarding helping my cravings and help with my anxiety. I went on my own journey and started ordering more Baclofen online while still getting them from my doctor. I could not be honest with my doctor because she had already warned me not to take more than prescribed. I began experimenting with raising my dose, without any prior knowledge of all these people that apparently doing the same thing and My Way Out and so forth. I just kept raising my dose and I would get side effects that would be bad and that would be good. One time in the later stages I was at about 200-250mg per day and i went up in one day to 325mg and had the worst reaction. I ended up in the hospital. I could not be woken up and felt messed up for a week trying to find my way back to normal levels again. I went from overdose symptoms to withdrawal symptoms very quickly. I say all of that to say the overdose made me get online and research the drug and that is where I found all the wonderful experiences that validated my good experience with Baclofen. I have been totally abstinent from all illicit drugs and alcohol since Oct 23rd and have not had one craving since. Yes, my ride with Baclofen has been bumpy with bad side effects along the way but I have not had one craving to use drugs or drink since and that is a BIG deal. I was a real bad addict, one of the worse cases that i know and with the help of Baclofen i have been abstinent since Oct 23rd. My wife of 22 years did not approve of me at first taking more than my doctors prescribed dose but after seeing the good results, mind you the bad effects scared the crap out of her, she doesnt get on me anymore and is holding her breath and she doesnt care what is helping me at this point because my addiction problems were literally killing me. I am excited to know of My Way Out and all of your stories and feel like I was on the right track all along and am excited that it is still working. My dose that a take daily now is 250mg

My Story

Welcome, Jr. I don't know about Baclofen, but you have found a great, supportive place to work on your sobriety. There is a thread here dedicated to Baclofen and other anti-alcohol drugs (I guess you know that). Hope you're well.

Comment

My Story

Good job!! I believe Baclofen will change my life. Im on 60 mgs and it already has.

Comment

Working...
      X