Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll probably do a cry/type on this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I'm a late 30's housewife, no kids. I starting drinking heavily (10/12 a day-I weigh 120) about 10 years ago for absolutely no reason at all, except I could. It may have been because I had insomnia, but that's a chicken and egg thing. I was disturbed my behavior, and checked into a rehab facility where I was mistreated. I was released the next day. Aside from Psychiatrists, dentists, and eye doctors, I am terrified of doctors and have not had a full exam in 8 years, as I seem healthy and haven't turned yellow yet. But the blood pressure cuff at the psych office (minor depression), indicates my BP runs moderately high.
    I'm starting my own kind of at home rehab today by tapering. I've been stripped of cash and cards while unsupervised, and have been left with 8 units of vodka. And plenty of new magazines and books, my husband's not a monster, he's quite wonderful. My goal is to taper, we will both abstain for several months, and, possibly be able to enjoy a drink on a night out in the future. Also to have so my husband can keep a 6 pack of his favorite craft beers around, as they're not really my thing.
    Since I've remained functional, and have not fallen ill otherwise during this time, I'm optimistic. But I'm scared, and a little prone to anxiety. I hope to gain support here, and get to know people well enough to offer it as well. I'm a fairly cheerful person, and hope we can all get through this. :thanks: for listening.

Hi, NeedTo

I saw your post in the Newbies Nest and answered you there. You've come to a great place to get the help you need to get this done. I'm sorry you were mistreated in rehab - that won't happen here :l.

Comment

I just answered too in the nest (I'm not stalking you no sugar!)

I can see why you don't trust the professionals, and I'm really sorry about that.

Post where you like. Bear in mind that you will get responses but they may take time. People here are from all over the world on this site, shows alcohol has no boundaries.

Comment

Thank you both for the wonderful warm welcomes. You'll see me around a lot and I look forward to getting to know the people here.
        Oh, and having my husband bring my credit card home tonight so I can order the book, lol!

Comment

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about your rehab story. You would think that a facility would contain people that you can trust.

NS is so right, this place is a wealth of comfort, support and encouragement! I actually come here rather than to talk to family/friends (they don't understand addiction the same way). Definitely stick around, you will fit right in.

:l
          Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

I'd like to add a silver lining to the rehab story. Since (sadly) I was not alone, this pricey and private, yet vile facility has been shut down. Hurray!

Comment

Working...
            X