Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from the new girl on the block

Hi everyone,
    I feel kind of awkward because I've never posted on a message board like this before....
    I've been reading some of the messages on the board and realise just how common the things I'm going through are and that I'm not alone. I'm a self confessed wine-o. I drink at least 1 bottle a night, often closer to 1 1/2 and I hate myself every single day. I have three kids under 10 and one with autism and a husband who I never see because he's always travelling. (I must admit that although he's not here to help with the day to day stuff, all we do when he's here is fight so it's probably better that he's not here....) I never remember what happened the night before and I try to avoid conversations about stuff incase someone says "We talked about it last night - don't you remember?" Sorry this sounds so depressing... This is my first step towards doing something about my problem. Thanks for listening.....
    "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Welcome Tipsy,
    You are sharing a very similar story to many, inlcuding myself.

I also have 3 children under the age of 5 and one who has autism and a husband who works a lot and when he's home the whole routine seems to go in the waste basket.

Stick around, keep reading and posting.
    Glad you found us!!!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Welcome. I'm glad you found this site. You will find a lot of support and compassion here, just keep reading and posting and follow the program outlined by RJ.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hello Tipsy,
        Glad you found us.
        You'll soon get the hang of the message boards. I hadn't a clue when I first got here either, but it soon falls into place.
        I hope you find what you need.

Comment

Hello Tips and welcome.

Your story sounds oh so familiar to me as well. Wishing you the best!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thank you all so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me - more than you know.....
            "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Comment

Another mother of 3 under the age of 10 here and drinking 1 to 1 1/2 bottles of pinot grigio a night. This site had done wonders for me...glad to have you here!
              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Welcome Tipsy, we all had to start somewhere on the board. I definately don't know all about it, but if you have a question someone here will know the answer.
                welcome again
                bear
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Welcome, nice to meet you.
                  You have hit the jackpot, by finding this site.
                  So much information and support here.
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Welcome Tipsy. You've taken the first step and will get lots of support and encouragement here!
                    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Hi there,
                      Another Mum of 3 here too (soon to be 4). This site is so helpfull, I love not feeling alone, like so many I thought I was the only Mum who drank, knowing I'm not makes all the difference. Pregnancy is stopping me drinking at the momment but even that is hard so I keep coming here to keep me going.
                      Try and stop hating yourself, you've taken a step in the right direction and will manage many more.
                      Suz
                      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Sounds soooooo familiar!!! Especially the "what did I say, what did I do, what did I forget to do, did I do that????"..... Drinking and dialing or answering the phone toasted isn't a good idea at all! Its really, really hard to be a stay at home Mom, I've posted that I started drinking too much, after deciding to quit a high powered career, and stay home....I would definetely suggest you get out some...make it a priority, if you stay home hungover all day, and start the process all over again, you get in a major rut....stay here, download the book, get the supps, and try to go to the gym, or a yoga class, or a book reading thing, anything to have some "YOU" time, get a break, all females need to remember that they were a for real "person" before a wife and Mom....that's something that is really important to get in touch with, men have kids, but their daily routine, interaction with adults, schedule, etc, doesn't turn upside down...so they don't really "get it" sometimes....You found THE BEST PLACE....and you know you have to get it together in case you are out of it and one of the kids gets out the front door or something! lol (not funny I know!).....Hang in there, we are all struggling, and trying to figure this all out!!!!
                        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

I also know the stay at home woes, plus the stress related to having a child with autism. My stepson has asperger's and there were some moments...and moving from a fairly high level position in banking to caring for him was a challenge...

You will find lots of support here and see that you are not alone. The self hatred thing doesn't do a lot to solve the problem. Be a bit more gentle with yourself, read the book, post, read posts...it will get better.:welcome:

Comment

I was about to log off, and saw your post. It is truly amazing how many stay-at-home moms there are here who just love the wine (or whatever). I completley relate to your post. I have two young children and a husband with whom I fight with regularly. . . I so relate with you.

Stick with this site. You'll get a lot of support from so many wonderful, caring people.

:welcome:

Comment

Tipsy:
                              Glad you found us! You will find much in common (as you can already see!) with many people on these boards. I hope you find what you need and please don't hate yourself! We have all been where you are and the self hate really doesn't help. When you start to love yourself more, you will start to take better care of yourself and I already know you are worth it!
                              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X