Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from the new girl on the block

Welcome!
    glad you found the board, I sound similar to you, I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old and I was drinking a bottle of wine every night. Since joining this community, I have successfully been moderating and feel like I am getting my old life back.

Keep reading, and welcome again!
    Loved1
    AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Tipsy - love your name!! Welcome to MWO, you're with people who know what you're going through. Stick with us, look forward to chatting! Janice
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Tipsy - you'll get great support here. I also have an autistic son - drink pretty much what you do and avoid discussing things the day after. It's tough, but it helps to know you're not alone.

Comment

welcome,
          come here, you will find friends and support, read the book :h rudemama

Comment

Welcome to the family!

Satori

xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Also a mom and a self confessed Wino...Welcome here, and keep coming back. I am taking hte supps and doing the hypno CD's and have had some success w/ moderating. Hang in There!
              "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

:new:

Comment

Hi Tipsy

Sounds like you feel really ashamed of some of your drunk behavior. Don't we all!

This is a place you can explore this side of you without judgement. I hope that gives some comfort to you as it does to so many of us. And yeah, there are a lot of mothers on the boards. That must create special challenges. So good luck and hope to get to know you better.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Hey Tipsy, please stay around and post. We are or have been where you are at. I also am a wine-o, but you can come here and post and tell your story, there are alot of folks here who can definitely relate. I avoid talking on the phone at home too, so I don't have to wonder what I said or did. :h Suz
                  The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Wino SAHM here too. Mine are 1.5 and 3.5. I'm one week into the program and am feeling better than I've felt in a long long time. You've found a great place here.

Wanna hear my dysfunctional habit... after drinking a lot, I never watch anything that taped on the Tivo prior to the current day to avoid my DH coming in the room and saying 'Hey, why are you watching that again? You already watched that last night!'. LOL

Comment

:welcome: "Nomore".....I think I'll call you THAT instead of Tipsy!

Stay at home moms WORK! We just don't get paid in cash...only huggs and the joy of being there with our children.
                      Mine are all grown up and I have four grand kids...Grandkids are your reward for not killing you kids or their dad!
                      It's worth it in the long run!

You'll find that restful sleep is wonderful when not drinking and the next morning is great with no hangover. More energy to "play" with those kids!
                      My favorite thing to do was build a quilt)or blanket) fort with the dining room chairs on their sides! Oh the secrets I heard under there!

Glad that you're here.
                      :l Nancy
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Nomore - I think I prefer that too! a big :welcome: and nice to have you here - not only you but the kids will enjoy the new sober Mum - my kids tell me I'm awake more and I'm there to talk to - it's nice to feel I'm finally there for them...

You're amongst friends, so good luck and keep posting!
                        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                        Goals:
                        Days 1-7 DONE
                        Days 8-14 DONE
                        Days 15-21 DONE
                        30 days DONE
                        60 days
                        100 days

Comment

Working...
                        X