New to MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MWO

Hello folks, I just signed up today and would like to introduce myself to the community and learn as much as I can. I have been working a 30 year drinking career that has to change. It is really taking its toll on me physically and mentally. I'll reading through the posts tonight to get a feel for how this all works. Anyway Hello,

Joemac

New to MWO

Hi Joemac and :welcome: ,

You've come to a great place. You will find tons of support here. Have a good read there are loads of posts/threads you may identify with, there is a Starting Out section if / when you want to tell us your story.

See you around, and good luck for your future.

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

New to MWO

Hiya and welcome, start by reading some old threads, will take you hours and hours but really good stuff there. Looking forward to getting to know you.

L
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

New to MWO

Hey Joemac...welcome! I too am new to this site and look forward to getting to know you, I am in the process of reading a lot of previous posts and most are very down to earth and full of hope.

Best of luck,
        Rick

Comment

New to MWO

Glad you have joined us Joe, adn you too beachwalker
          bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

New to MWO

Welcome Joe. The MWO community is wonderfully supportive and empathetic. Good luck.

Julie

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Joemac and welcome to your new addiction! Just kidding! I find all the old posts and reading stories very informative and absorbing. Can't start the day without MWO ... it's really changed my life.
              "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Joemac,
                Good to have you here, as well as the posts the MWO out book is worth reading as it explains where all this is coming from.
                Suz
                Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Joemac//its compeeling reading on here and lots of tips tried and tested by people who are journeying towars their personal goals. some moderate(Well i try to)
                  others are long term abstainers..yet others go hours, days at a time....small steps.

whatever people are aiming for its heartening when we witness their delight at progress no matter how big or small it seems.

The positive energy keeps me going..i,m on here several times a day as ...i need to feel accountable..i need to share my experience, i am willing to learn from others, i want to offer my support to others.......i dont drink when i am on the computer.

millions of good reasons to come to this site.

good luck on your journey out of old habits!!Regards Cassy

Comment

New to MWO

Welcome JoeMac and Beachwalker! We LOVE Newbies!!!! Read, read read read!!!
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

New to MWO

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. This sounds like a great place to be. Spent a good deal of time last night reading throught some of the posts and it does sound like this is a very caring place. I have already found a Doc that's willing to help out on the medical end of things but it's gonna take a while to get in to see him. I'm not sure that he know's about this program so I will take lot's of info in with me. Meanwhile I'm gonna focus on eating well and taking the recomended suppliments.
                      Again, thanks for the warm welcome

Joemac

Comment

New to MWO

Glad you are here Joemac. Also that's great you found a doctor that's willing to work with you. Keep coming around and posting.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

New to MWO

Welcome Joemac. Great you have found a dr. Don't forget the cds - they seem hokey but really help. See you around the posts!

Comment

New to MWO

Hello Joemac and Beachwalker:
                            Glad you are both with us. JM..so glad you found a doc to work with you, that is a huge step! JM and Beach...Have you both read the book? Sounds like you both have spent time looking around the boards. Some is serious and some is just for fun, but it is all supportive and no judgements made. Someone is always around if you have a question so don't be shy. Again, welcome to MWO!!!!
                            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Joe,

Welcome to a wonderful place.

Comment

Working...
                              X