Hi Everyone!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!!!!

Sorry if this is crap but I haven't done this before and I...
    Just wanted to say hello to all you brave people...
    I have finally admitted to myself that I have a problem after necking 2 large bottles of cheap white wine for (at least) the past 5 years. I don't feel drunk, but obviously cannot be sober...I really want to stop and every day tell myself that I will not buy any more wine, but as soon as I leave work I can think of nothing nicer than a nice glass of very chilled wine - which leads to a couple of bottles!!!
    I am so moved by the stories that I am hearing and I know that I can do this - but something always seems to happen, either I get really stressed at work or problems and debt at home take over and - again - I resort to my best friend and anaesthetist - wine...
    I would really appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me.....cos I really need to do this, not just for myself but also because I very much doubt if my daughter ever remembers me being sober at night!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!

Welcome, you are in a good place to start!!

Tiger,

Please start reading the threads.

If you can, download the book and read it thoroughly. Also, research on the web other sites. Educate yourself as much as possible.

The supplements are a very good place to start, but there are many other steps to take.

You have many wonderful, caring people here who are willing to be here for you.

All the best,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Everyone!!!!

Tiger,
      I too was a `wino` every single night.
      I have only had a btl. of wine 2 nights out of the last 10 and I can still hardly believe I am managing to do this. I know for sure that I could never have got this far without the wonderful support, encouragement and praise I have received here.

Like yourself, hardest thing for me was to resist buying any, but as Irishlady here says, if you say to yourself, "I DON`T WANT A DRINK", as opposed to saying "I CAN`T HAVE A DRINK", it is easier to resist the temptation to buy the wine.

Good luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Hi Everyone!!!!

Cindi
        Thank you - I will try & read the book...already I am feeling positive about this!!!

Starlight
        I will try your advice tomorrow and keep you posted... I DO NOT WANT A DRINK...I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DRINK...
        Just have to wait til tomorrow I suppose!

Comment

Hi Everyone!!!!

Tiger, welcome! Hope you find this place as helpful as I have. Read the book and decide on alcohol free or moderating. Try the supps. Read posts. Post...this is a great place to be. Look forward to getting to know you.

:welcome:

Comment

Hi Everyone!!!!

Hi Tiger and welcome!

I can only echo what everyone else has said...and read, read, read the posts! There is so much wisdom and experience here that it is a fantastic way to learn more about dealing with alcoholism and the various approaches that people have tried--what works, what doesn't...

RJ's book, the CD's, the supplements--all good!

And there's always plenty of support on the site...this is a great place--it's certainly changed my life for the better!
            "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Hi Everyone!!!!

Hi and welcome Tiger congrats for taking the first step and realising you were drinking too much I hope you find this site as inspiring as I do :welcome:

Comment

Working...
              X