I Want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Want

I just got finished with "I Want by Jane Velez-Mittchell. She is the Host of Issues on the Headline News Channel. She was an alcoholic for many years-highly functioning. There is only one chapter that only addresses alcoholism but it is referred to throughout the book. When she became alcohol free she discovered a whole new (as she puts it)- Simpler and Honest Life. It's all about her journey and is inspirational.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching.
    ~author unknown

One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I'm having a good time.
    ~Nancy Astor

I Want

Thank you for this brief review of this book. It is one that I have on my list!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I Want

Cindi - how old was she when she quit - do you know? Just wondering . . . .

Comment

I Want

She was 39 just a little short of 40.
        Work like you don't need money,
        Love like you've never been hurt,
        And dance like no one's watching.
        ~author unknown

One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I'm having a good time.
        ~Nancy Astor

Comment

I Want

Ohhh, I guess I'm a little behind . . . . .I'll have to catch up!

Comment

I Want

I have really wanted to read this book and could not get it @ my library and it was not available for download on my nook. Now I want it more. Will get it today. Thanks for the reminder. Glad you enjoyed it. Who could not want a more simple and honest life?

Comment

I Want

I am nearly finished with this book. I will finish it tonight. I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I really like how she illustrates that alcoholism affects us in more ways than we realize and that living sober is more than simply not drinking! This is a great read!
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I Want

KateH1;835072 wrote: I am nearly finished with this book. I will finish it tonight. I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I really like how she illustrates that alcoholism affects us in more ways than we realize and that living sober is more than simply not drinking! This is a great read!
                I am going to pick this one up and read it.

I need it.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I Want

Hi Cindi,

at you referral I am reading 'I want'

What a great book,
                  For a person in the public eye she is incredibly generous with her honestly.

I do note with interest the parallels in my own characteristics.

We are all so similar in our battle with the AL monster.

BTW I love your new flower.
                  Happy to be back

Comment

I Want

Oops..
                    my mistake,
                    that's Cinders new flower
                    Happy to be back

Comment

I Want

I haven't picked up the book yet.

However, I had to add about the flower. I live in Alabama and the magnolias are blooming everywhere. The scent can be cloying but they are beautiful.

I recall from my old biology days that plants like the "southern" magnolia (meaning southern USA) are very old and primitive trees. The large leaves and flowers give it away.

The magnolia is a beautiful flower with an incredibilty beautiful scent.

I love them.

They are a mess to clean up in Autumn, though. We don't have one on the property we live on. I am planning on planting one.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                      X