A Reliable Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Reliable Wife

Someone else recommended this book somewhere in this thread but I can't find it Anyway, I am almost done with this book and I wish I wasn't...I want it to keep going....
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

A Reliable Wife

I'm getting recommendations for this book from so many people. Can't wait to read it.

I just returned home from the central coast of California, a town called Cambria. It was wonderful. What a crazy beautiful state.

Comment

A Reliable Wife

K9Lover;887882 wrote: Someone else recommended this book somewhere in this thread but I can't find it Anyway, I am almost done with this book and I wish I wasn't...I want it to keep going....
      Happy you enjoyed it K9. Now please treat youself to "Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I will wait eagerly for your thanks. No I won't wait, I know you'll thank me...John
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

A Reliable Wife

spedteach;887885 wrote: I'm getting recommendations for this book from so many people. Can't wait to read it.

I just returned home from the central coast of California, a town called Cambria. It was wonderful. What a crazy beautiful state.
        I love, love, love Cambria!!! I live in Central California about 80 miles South of there. It's such a great little town, so relaxing!

Oh, and John, Thank You...that's for the book I haven't read yet, but will.

Comment

A Reliable Wife

Just searched for Shadow of the Wind, it's at the library, on the shelf...and I can't wait to go get it! I know I'll finish A Reliable Wife tonight, but now I have something else to look forward to. What a nerdy bookworm I am. LOL
          Thanks John!

Comment

A Reliable Wife

I can't the orignal post either, but if possible, can you give me an idea on what this book is about?
            Thanks,
            Maslow

Comment

A Reliable Wife

maslow23;887919 wrote: I can't the orignal post either, but if possible, can you give me an idea on what this book is about?
              Thanks,
              Maslow
              I started the orignal thread called The Last Child in the Reading Forum!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

A Reliable Wife

Thanks Techie--I will check it out!!

Comment

A Reliable Wife

Totally enjoyed this book too!

Comment

A Reliable Wife

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - Jamie Ford

Just finished reading this lovely novel and thought I'd pass it along as a recommendation. It is an easy read - a love story that spans the course of 40 years and the setting is in the Pacific Northwest. I learned much about a part of American history during a dark period - the internment of Japanese who also happened to be American citizens during the war with Japan in the 1940?s. It was also interesting to read of the conflicts between the Chinese and Japanese during this same time.

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: Summary and book reviews of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.

Anyway, although the backdrop of the story is during turbulent times, it is a heartwarming story.
                    John
                    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Working...
                    X