Clear All

Eat Pray Love

EAT PRAY LOVE

Now a movie.......
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Eat Pray Love

So bummed Julia Roberts is playing Elizabeth

Loved the book though. The author now lives in a renovated church with stained glass windows. Very cool!

Comment

Eat Pray Love

Loved Eat, Pray Love and her second book Commitment was also interesting -- can't wait for the movie to hit our shores.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Eat Pray Love

I loved this book, here is one of my fav extracts talking about soul mates:-

He probably was. Your problem is you dont understand what that word means. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything thats holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah, too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave. And thank God for it.....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Eat Pray Love

Wow! I am gonna get the book!
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Eat Pray Love

It is a good read...the movie was good also.
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Eat Pray Love

Love, love, love, this book! There was another thread on this book a while back and I shared my experience of reading it, about 2.5 years ago. I was in my third month of living without alcohol. I had realized that in order for me to stand a chance of a sober life, my life had to change. I bought this book and I kept thinking....."If Only I Could Take a Trip Like This!", then the idea came to me that I could not physicly take this trip, but I could experience a trip of my own at home. During her journey through Italy, I also experienced Italy in my own way, I ate Italian foods, listened to Italian music and studied Italian art and culture. Then at the Ashram, I began daily meditation and contemplating my spirituality and writing about the life that I wanted to create for myself, Love was in Bali, so I bought a book on natural healing in the rain forests and much more. I read the book very slowly, savoring my journey, my journey took a little over three months, though Elizabeth's took a year. To this day, I believe that book and my personal journey truly helped me move to newer levels in sobriety!

If anyone read all of this......Thank You! It was fun sharing it!

xx Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Eat Pray Love

a movie? Could've been based on the book I didn't write DRINK, DO CRAZY SHIT, PRAY! I would've cast Eric Roberts!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Eat Pray Love

OMG! Techie....that is hilarious!!
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Eat Pray Love

Loved the book, bought copies for friends. Want to see the movie. Will get her next book at the airport and read it while winging my way to Nairobi this Saturday to start a wonderful 5 week holiday!

Comment

Eat Pray Love

Just bought "Committed" this morning!

Comment

Eat Pray Love

Just started reading eat pray love, and enjoying it,I think the movie is coming out here in Oz soon, but not sure when.

Comment

Working...
                        X