Rachel's Holiday - Marian Keyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if this book came up already, but I didn't see it. It's one of my all time favourites (even before I thought I had a problem ) It follows a woman in her late 20's as she deals with addiction. It's an amazing combination, because not only is it truthful and realistic (the author was an alcoholic for years before giving up completely) but the book is also one of the funniest books I've ever read. Captures the idea of what an Irish Mammy is like perfectly
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

I read this Neart and loved it - don't read a whole lot of fiction but really liked this. I also read a lot of the other Marion Keyes books after this. She had a problem with alcoholism and depression which makes me think that is why, in a lot of her books, some of the characters do drink -and why I could identify with them! She is a very human author! Have you read any other of her books?

Sorry - just seen that you said about that!!! Duh!
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oh, I have read loads of her books - didn't like the last 2 so much, but considering she's written so many, that's a good average I look at her website some times, she talked a bit more about depression and alcoholism. I think she's great, and of course am very proud of her being Irish!!
      AF since 13th July 2010
      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
      X