Freedom by Jonathan Frazen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Freedom (pub 2010) by Jonathan Frazen. I enjoyed it, I recommend it, but preferred his last novel The Corrections (pub 2001) Will provide a critique the front part of next week.

I am just starting Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary (pub 2010) by David Sedaris....more to follow!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

i preferred "freedom" over "the corrections". maybe it's because i was younger when i read it and didn't quite get it. i loved freedom, but didn't think it was a great literary masterpiece like some critics touted it to be. just because a guy refuses oprah's bookclub, does not make him the writer of the century imho.

Comment

peacenik;1002708 wrote: i preferred "freedom" over "the corrections". maybe it's because i was younger when i read it and didn't quite get it. i loved freedom, but didn't think it was a great literary masterpiece like some critics touted it to be. just because a guy refuses oprah's bookclub, does not make him the writer of the century imho.
      Thanks peacenik. It's funny I thought The Corrections was just genius. I did enjoy Freedom but not as well. I knew about the Oprah situation but his rationale escapes me. Off to google!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

on your advice, i will re-read the corrections!

Comment

Working...
        X