1984 by George Orwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 by George Orwell

How come I had never heard of this book before? It's a classic! Someone told me about it yesterday so I got it from the library. Really good!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

1984 by George Orwell

It's a cracker K9 - uncanny foresight! Be sure and read 'Animal Farm' as well!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

1984 by George Orwell

K-9 - David Bowie wrote a song called 1984- fashioned after this book-
      Anyhow- very good book and classic- kind of chillingly foretelling! Animal Farm-is in the same category as well.
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

1984 by George Orwell

My personal favourite of Mr Orwell's is 'Down and Out in Paris and London' a must read.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

1984 by George Orwell

I was forced to read it in high school and so happy I was. GREAT BOOK. Animal Farm is terrific too as Fluff mentioned!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

1984 by George Orwell

They're now all on my library list! Also, I noticed my library has the movie "Flowers for Algernon"...think I'll just rent it...I have SOOO many books to read (movies are never as good as books though!). Not sure how or why I just jumped topics/authors right there. LOL! I guess I was thinking of other recommendations I've gotten.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

1984 by George Orwell

I loved reading Animal Farm once I got past it as required reading in high school. I haven't read 1984... but now I feel inspired too. Flowers for Algernon was a great required read in High school as well. We watched the movie in class when we were finished. It's so good. I got really sad for Charlie though. Hmm. Now I want to see or read that classic again.

Comment

1984 by George Orwell

Flowers For Algernon- you MUST read that- it'll make you cry- and it's much better than the movie- for sure!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

1984 by George Orwell

I'm so glad you mentioned this book. We were taking a long car trip over Thanksgiving and we listened to this on CD in the car. My 16 year old son was so riveted to it that he bought it and stayed up until 2am to finish reading it. And believe me, he is not a reader. He loved all of the themes and it seemed to really ignite his passion for the classics.

Comment

Working...
                  X