Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Drinking For Life Easily by Jason Vale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the book-Yay!
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

fluff;1098928 wrote: Just got the book-Yay!
      oh Im delighted to hear it! Get stuck in,its the best thing that ever happened to me!
      Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

So, Miz- what do you think of the book so far, still into it? It is motivational- I did get a bit fed up with him spending so much time writing-" read the book, read the whole book"- and so I skipped to the end to get the key points of his freedom or recovery...he does make some good points- like why are you counting days? And that fear is the key to keeping you trapped in the cycle of quitting and drinking again...I'll keep reading through it, though...
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I read it from start to finish and loved it. I think I need the constant repetition in order for it to sink in, im a slow learner! Im delighted your finding it helpful, I like his approach as it suits me. I hated the aa approach.
          Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

I agree with what he says about the negativism of AA and other programs, too- I got a laugh at his quips about one day at a time and alcohol replacements- he did sound truly genuine- a more positive -you can do this approach, for sure... I keep reading the back of the book with key points to remember, too.
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Has anyone that has read this book also read Allen Carr's book. If so, how are they different? I just don;t want to spend the money to buy a book if it is redundant. Let me know!

Comment

Yes- In my opinion it is the same- Jason Vale actually worked with Allen Carr- I researched that on the internet . The writing is surprisingly familiar...I read both books- and neither of them stopped me from drinking. I'm not saying they are bad, either -they are motivational-and are helpful in changing the way you think about alcohol.
                Jason Vale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Vale was a self confessed addict of smoking, alcohol, and junk food and a chronic sufferer of psoriasis, eczema, and hay fever. Vale claims he was then influenced by early juicing pioneer Norman Walker and began juicing to improve his health. In his book Slim 4 Life, Vale states that he lost weight, gave up smoking and drinking, and stopped eating junk food by changing his mindset to his addictions. Vale claims that as a result of daily juicing he lost four stone and is now free of his skin conditions and hay fever. Jason became a trainer for Allen Carr (the now deceased author of The Easy Way to Stop Smoking) and set up a clinic in Birmingham, Alabama.[1]
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Just found this thread. Thanks mizz and fluffy I looked up your link. Interesting I must get this book.

Comment

Thanks Mizz for the recommendation. I downloaded it yesterday and read it from cover to cover. I especially loved how he didn't separate out 'responsible' and 'problem' drinkers.'
                    I found it very inspiring.I think it really is meant to be read cover to cover since it is about changing ones mindset, not really about a technique.
                    By the way, the version I have is called Kick Drinking for Life Easily.

Comment

emily;1096664 wrote: Love it - had a quick 'look inside' on Amazon and he says that alcohol is the only drug on earth that you have to justify NOT taking, how true is that!! How many of us have our list of excuses for when some eejit asks us 'why are you now drinking'
                      How interesting! And it's so true. It's funny how much grief you can get for not drinking. Someone on here (sorry can't remember who) said that if a friend offered her a banana and she said no, that would be the end of the discussion. But with alcohol it becomes a whole discussion where you have to justify yourself.

Comment

How's everyone doing now??? It's now a few months later and I just read the book and quit drinking. I feel great about my decision but what about your success??? Let me know.
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

There has been a lot on MWO about this book in the last few days. Since this seems to have the most responses I thought I would post here. I read the Allen Carr book a couple of times previously and didn't quite get the entire message so I really wanted a different take on his message. I even posted here a few months ago to see how similar the books are. I picked the book up last week and am reading it slowly and carefully. I didn't drink yesterday and dint want to. Don't know if it's the books influence yet. I will keep you posted.

I'm on page 133 and one of the things I really like is that he knows that just the idea of maybe never picking up another drink is daunting and makes us petrified. That was exactly how I felt when I started reading the book. Those fears are slowly going away. I think he makes this point much better than Allen Carr. This wont work as long as you still have the fear, even is you are an expert on all of the other info (you shouldn't feel deprived when not drinking, alcohol is a drug like heroin, alcohol is causing the anxiety you are trying to relieve by using it, etc). Thank goodness that fear is going away. Its hope that maybe I can drink normally that keeps me in prison. His arguments are really persuasive.

Like Tipp, I want to know how everyone that has read the book is doing

Comment

BTW, my version of the book is called Kick the Drink. They are the same book.

Comment

emily;1097139 wrote: Sounds very like Allen Carr's concept though (which I've read before but gave the book away thinking I had cracked it!) although I like Jason Vale so I've ordered it. I was in WH Smith today and had allen carr's book in my hand (the easy way to stop drinking) and I just couldn't buy it incase the assistant judged me!! I'm an eejit!! I put it back and luckily when I got home I read your post and ordered Jason Vale's book on amazon.
                              I work in a bookstore - you never know WHO the assistant is!!!! trust me - you will not be judged! We are there to sell you the book - and we sell everything. Someone buys them or they wouldn't be on the shelves. never be scared to buy a book to help you!!
                              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

If anyone is done with this book, I wood love to buy it from you.
                                Please PM me. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X