Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1Q84

As usual, I can't remember the author's name. lol

So far so good, I'm on page 108....out of 935!!! My only complaint is that the book is so huge it's hard to read in bed. But I still refuse to get a Kindle! :H
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

1Q84

Seriously, reading this book is like lifting weights. LOL I'm scared to doze off holding it because if it falls on me I will get a concussion.

Comment

1Q84

:H:H:H I'll check it out on goodreads!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

1Q84

K9 - I refused the Kindel for the longest time as well, but when my son got the new Kindle Fire he gave me his older model like 2 weeks ago and now I am hooked, I am not one to read for long periods of time so I like that it is so light and easy and I just kinda carry it around with me so I am more likely to go for it when I have just a few minutes to read......
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

1Q84

I love mine too. Never thought I'd like it so much either. Now I prefer it to a book. This, from a librarian, lol.

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

1Q84

LibraryGirl;1365247 wrote: Now I prefer it to a book. This, from a librarian, lol.
            :shocked: LG - How dare you??!!! LOL

Did I tell you I have applied for a job at the Library? I really really want it bad, and I'm going to throw a tantrum if I don't get it! :headbanger:

Comment

1Q84

K9 have you read any of his other books? I ask because the description of the book on Amazon has me intrigued, but I'm not sure I want to make a 900-plus page commitment, LOL. I may try one of his earlier (and much shorter) books first. They do sound very interesting, and get great reviews.

I'm with you on the paper books - I love the idea of a Kindle/Nook/e-whatever, but it's just not the same as turning the pages on the real thing.
              AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

1Q84

Hi Pixie,

No, I've never read any of his previous books, but I have heard good reviews. I had to set this huge book aside to read another book that I won't be able to renew because it's brand new. But I'll get back to the 935 page monster soon. And I agree, I love real books!

Comment

Working...
                X