The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy

While there were some aspects of the book I didn't like, and it had some very graphic violent scenes and was rife with childhood trauma, it was also quite interesting and very poetically written. It really had a strong emotional resonance and a strong sense of place (ie the low country of South Carolina). Despite a lot of misery, it also had episodes of adventure and a humorous element as well. Not for the faint of heart. but I found it quite engaging and powerfully written.

*Further disclaimer: although the novel isn't racist, there is some racist terminology used (at least in the older edition I found in a free book exchange box)
    Last edited by Mulburry; August 31, 2023, 09:54 PM.

Re: The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy

Well the book club will no happen due to lack of interest. Gad, we can barely keep the forum afloat!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      Well the book club will no happen due to lack of interest. Gad, we can barely keep the forum afloat!
      I blame all the "kids these days", with their twatters, bookfaces, and tocktickers, no-one appreciates a good old school internet message board anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
        I blame all the "kids these days", with their twatters, bookfaces, and tocktickers, no-one appreciates a good old school internet message board anymore.
        Hahahaha
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
        X