Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump

Comment

Great post NS, there is a perfect day 1 for everyone, it's their final day 1! And everyone can experience it!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: The Perfect Day 1

Bump for a friend who wants that elusive day 1. I hope you can grab it and never let it go. xx, NS

Ignore the weird punctuationosteroops:!!
        I think that happened when we migrated from the old platform.
        Last edited by NoSugar; June 19, 2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Thankyou NS for a wonderfully inspiring & encouraging post xxx
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wildflower.
          Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
          And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Hah. Just looking at the date on my post here - 11/13/13. I was here pretending I was here to quit for good when I always knew I would drink again. It only took a couple of weeks for me to FINALLY get it (12/2/13), but wow I was willing to lie to myself.

That Day One is SO worth it, and I stand by my words. Why else would I quit at the start of the winter holiday season??

Any friend of NoSugar's is a friend of mine. Hop on in - you won't regret it.

Comment

Pav,I look at the date I posted on this and am sad wish that quit would have stuck,things would have been better throughout the years,also seen J-vos post and I just thought dang I haven't seen her in a loooong time! Hope she's doing well
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, Pauly:

Think of how many more sober days you've had, though! I thought of J-Vo, too. Hope you're good, friend.

Comment

Working...
                X